Wednesday, June 13, 2007

 

Vigil 6-12-07

You know, although I enjoy doing the symbolic action of the vigil, I am getting very jaded. I guess they were closed down and a young man rode up on his bike because he wanted to go talk to the folks inside. Seems the young man has signed up and will be off to Iraq soon, a fact that he is rather proud of. Here, another young man, is going to participate proudly in the slaughter of civilian folks in an illegal invasion of their homeland in order to create greater wealth for folks who already have excessive amounts of it and won't have to fight in the wars they use him and his comrades for. A few of the vigil participants tried to talk with the young man, but he was really having none of it, so I cared even less for him, and then they told him that they hoped he comes home safe.

Then I think of the black recruiter who wasn't there that I no longer talk with. He will be back in Iraq soon and he is looking forward to doing his part in the illegal mass slaughter because he gets paid a little more during that time and will be able to use the money to buy a house in Hawaii. Right on! Killing his fellow darkies for the wealth of already wealthy white men so he can get his little piece of paradise while those in Iraq suffer in part...because of him. The man is willing to kill for the same government that until recently called him nigger; that ALLOWED the lynchings of his fellow black folks; that stole the votes of his fellow black military comrades in the last presidential election; that had a hardcore apartheid system set up against his folks in the South into the '70's; that currently has an apartheid light against his people; etc., etc., etc. I can just no longer take the horrific offensiveness of watching this man be so proud about killing folks for his own gain but especially the gain of the wealthy white folks who would never invite him to dinner at their homes and eat at the same table with him.

Anymore, I'm starting to not care for any of those folks there. I'm getting jaded. I'm sure many of them will become like my vet friends and vets for peace, but they are currently proud to go over and slaughter innocents for the wealth of already wealthy folks...PROUD!

And it isn't a fair fight, either. It's not like a boxing match, pitting two folks of close to equal ability and strength against each other. This is like David Liberty and his .22 against the master blaster of the tank turret in the parade.

And the peace movement! Rhonda read me some from a local Peace Professional I guess you would say. His words were just as racist and imperialist, though clothed a little differently to sound more legit, as those of the U.S. government. Their are two lead men in the local peace movements. I've witnessed one, who claims to be non-violent, abuse folks and heard testimony from many he had abused in the past. Abuse is violence. My sweetie and I have experienced racism from another as well as witnessed and heard testimony of other racism and sexism by this man of alleged peace.

So we have folks who look forward to doing their part in the mass slaughter of folks abroad for the wealth of already wealthy folks. We have peace folks here that seem to be self-interested more than wanting actual peace. The voices of the two lead men in the local movement seem to be rather imperialist to me as well as egocentric. If we would just listen to their "far superior to us" voices, then life would be much better. If we substitute king george for them as king, life would be better. Kings are nothing but kings and aint none of them became that way by being peaceful and non-violent. Violence comes in many forms and racism and sexism IS VIOLENCE!

Yes, folks, I am feeling a bit jaded this morning. I'm just tired of the fucking empire, and tired of those assholes who claim to be peaceful but actually just want a piece of the empire for their own egocentric self-righteous bullshit glory while PEOPLE ARE STILL GETTING SLAUGHTERED HERE AND ABROAD!

But like Fernando says: "It is better to look good than to feel good..." Let's see some real fucking action. Let's see some folks really get out in the streets and try to bring down this evil empire. It isn't going to happen. As is often pointed out, no one gets out in the streets for the hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqi children due to U.S. sanctions. No one really gives a fuck.

Again, I apologize for my jadedness this morning. I'm not only actually tired, I'm figuratively tired of all the fucking bullshit and mass slaughter this nation does and the folks who proudly participate in it and many of the peace folks (I Love the Grannies) who are just in the game for their own forms of kingdom. I'm fucking tired. I would Love to see some real action in this nation, but I know it ain't gonna happen. I'm jaded this morning.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]