Thursday, May 31, 2007

 

The Wind That Shakes the Barley



"The Wind That Shakes the Barley" is a MUST SEE FILM about the freedom movement of the Irish in the 1920's. It is an INTENSE film, but I don't give a fuck! You GOTTA SEE IT!

For anyone interested in true freedom, not this American Privilege passed off as freedom, you gotta see this film.

It is about the British oppression of the Irish folks, and the Irish folks that fight back. Reminiscent of Israel/Palestine, U.S./Iraq, and so many more. These folks fight the empire because when you are under the rule of empire, not unlike here in America, you are NOT FREE!

You have in this film Irish Revolutionaries who want to be out from under the rule of empire, Irish sell-outs who just want the Brits our and are willing to be like the Brits just so the Brits will leave their nation but still be under the rule of the Brits, you have the British oppressors, you have the ELITE (pieces of empirical shit) who want life to go on as usual to preserve their privilege and of course use BRUTE FORCE to keep that shit going, and you have all the life and drama that unfolds within all of that.

We here in America do not have enough heart like the Irish Freedom Fighters to take on the challenge of truly changing this nation. Many folks do, but if we took up arms, we'd be instantly killed and the empire would paint us as the enemy and life would go on like usual under the lie of Empirical Alleged Freedom. The system will continue. We have to be creative in our endeavors to bring about the end of empire...
But...

In the conversations I've had with my sweetie and many other folks around town, we believe that the end of the empire is set and that the U.S. and its other life sucking companions like the British Government will collapse under their own immense weight. What will come with that, I don't know. When it will happen, I don't know. But it is coming, and it is coming fast.

I wish the folks of this nation had heart to stand up and struggle against the oppressor. We are too comfortable in our privilege to do anything about this empire. A real struggle, a real movement, is not gonna happen, but we will continue to do what we can as we (Rhonda and I) are gonna attempt to get back to the land soon. That's the only thing we can think of to do that might help in the future.

"The Wind That Shakes the Barley" is a movie relevant to right now. I sure wish I could here politics discussed wherever I walk in this town, but I don't. I wish I could see people en mass struggling against the nation that will destroy everything in order to protect the privilege of the MOST ELITE! but I won't.

I Love the freedom fightin' folks in this movie, and although it is tragic...it is also very hopeful.

May ACTUAL freedom be found in our lifetimes!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]