Wednesday, May 02, 2007

 

Vigil, 5-1-07

Although very tired, Rhonda and I went to the vigil in front of the recruiting center on Broadway having missed last week because Rhonda's car died, as in dead, as in the engine blew up. So, she drove us there last night in her new to her '91 Ford Ranger.

Some Vets for Peace showed up and a few others as well.

A young woman and man came out of the recruiting center. The woman was obviously intelligent and read completely the sign with a quote from Ehron Watada about "...war crimes." She started grilling the woman vet with her obviously arrogant intelligence. "So you believe all killing is wrong?" "How do you determine who is innocent?" The young man played his role perfectly; he kept his mouth shut unless he was agreeing with his companion, quietly, of course. Their relationship reminded me of my old relationship with my last wife. The young woman was always right and super intelligent, the young man was passive and only supposed to agree or keep his mouth shut.

I wanted her to come talk to me. I had some good stuff to tell her. I had some real good stuff as she got my anger up. But instead, she quit harassing the vet and hung out at her bike and displayed her A+ intelligence to her passive companion.

I wanted to pray for bad things to happen to her. I wanted to pray for her karma to come down on her. I wanted her to experience what was is like in some what that would effect her life dramatically. But even so, praying for such things, like acting them out, comes with consequences upon the person that prays them as well. So I had a little spiritual psychological argument going on within my own head as I thought how it would be a good thing for miss A+ to have a firmer grip and the realities of war.

And then something came through me, like a wave of emotion, there and gone. And I knew (and of course, I can be wrong) that she was going to experience her karma. That something was going to bite her on the ass for her arrogant A+ student actions that day. Exactly what, I don't know. Not my job to worry about it. Not my job to enact it. Not my job to follow her around to see if it comes true or not.

Earlier in the day, after I cashed my check, before the vigil, a woman asked me to help get her car started. I was tired and didn't want to, but did because she asked. We wound up driving to get gas as it seemed she was out. She told me of her life and a verbally abusive relationship she was in. I gave her some directions where to head, but I know she isn't going to take them right away, but she will eventually remember and take action. She has a choice where she didn't feel like she had one.

After the vigil, Rhonda and I went out to dinner. I left the waitress a $5 tip, feeling the desire to be generous.

May 1 is the day Rhonda and I second met. We went to see Carrie Dann talk in the evening and we talked and talked. She told me about her bad relationship with the man she was with who dumped her several weeks earlier, and I offered a shoulder to cry on. She came over on May 8, and we've been together ever since except for the month or so we were broke up. Now, everything is going so great. I Love her so much!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]