Saturday, May 05, 2007

 

Killing

I'm currently reading Kurt Vonnegut's, "Slaughter House Five." It is a book based on the bombing of Dresden.

So, I started looking up the amazing cruelty that was the firebombing of Dresden. I started looking through the internet at some blogs where people comment that such killing is the most horrific thing, while others say it is justified. The ones saying it is justified I assume have never been in a war.

I've never been in a war and amazed at the cruelty that humans are capable of. It didn't end in Germany. It didn't end at Wounded Knee. It still continues. Right now it is mostly Americans and American complicity to maintain and expand the American Empire that creates such horrific conditions of life, including genocide, among the peoples of the world.

You know, sometimes I am capable of imagining me...ME...doing the most cruel of acts to my fellow human beings that I feel deserve it. I have told a few, including a good friend, that sometimes I believe I had past lives where I was an extremely brutal killer of my fellow human beings. Maybe several lives. My friend told me she could see that in me. I have had a dream where I stand on a hill with a friend after a ghastly battle, smiling and joking. I never remember anything other than that of the dream.

But here I sit. Here I am. I am NOT killing. I oppose killing, but believe myself capable of such in self-defense, but saying it is one thing...doing it another all together. I have been friends with folks who killed hundreds of people in wars. I have heard their stories. I...

I believe we can create a better world. We have a lot in our way to get there, but we can do it. I believe in my fellow human beings. All of them. Even the vegans. We are all human beings. We are not superior or inferior to one another. We are not better or worse than one another. We are just human beings.

I think it's about fucking time we stopped killing each other. Like killing itself, it is easier said than done, but god fucking damn it...I KNOW WE ARE FUCKING CAPABLE. Just stop pulling the trigger. Nations leaders, shake hands and talk about mutual support. Take care of you people: health care, shelter, food, quality of life, education, etc. WHAT'S THE BIG FUCKING DEAL? Y'ALL?

There is so much beauty in this world. So much beauty to be created and shared. So much.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]