Monday, April 23, 2007

 

Lefty Racism is Still Racism

Having been doing the work that I do for so long [speaking out against the U.S. empire and wanting to bring it down], I have encountered many forms of racism.

I have encountered racism from right wing conservatives. I had gotten into the habit of verbally beating them down because I wanted to leave them with such a sting that they would at least THINK before they opened their mouths and said such a thing again.

Racism is a tool which one group uses against another in order to control or dominate that group for their own gain. Racism hurts because it is supposed to hurt. It is supposed to remind the group it is enacted against that they are powerless over those more powerful. For the last month, with my sweeties hand in mine, we took on racism in the lefty community.

I called a well known peace activist in the area on his sexism and racism. He told me the following:

"We are all a little sexist and racist, Eugene, even you." What this is means in my opinion is that he doesn't want to deal with his sexism and racism because it suits him in his position of authority just fine. It also excuses his behavior and therefore he doesn't have to put forth the effort to examine it.

I had told him that his racist behavior kept people of color from participating in the peace movement. His comment to this was, "if people of color would quit blaming their shortcomings on white males" then we could have the unity I hoped for. This man also happens to be a white male.

Racism and sexism ARE violence because they are designed to hurt. It is a tool for one group to gain control of and or dominate another group.

In this blog I have had to deal with racists. It started with folks using my race to drive home a point, and then telling me that isn't racist. In my pain and anger, which the comment was designed to hurt me (paraphrased: I support the troops coming home, not killing, having health care, therefore I have no right to say anything about what America did to my folks) I treated them with the same racism they put forth.

After battling these folks for a couple of weeks, I experienced racism at the one place I truly thought I was safe from it. What a fool. It, too, is a lefty organization.

Then Paul Watson comes to town with his heavily supported race hate and lies, so I started firing back especially when I was censored by Indy Media. I was not allowed to fight back or speak on behalf of my people because I wanted white racist lefty folks to hurt just as bad as I do when the enact their institutional or overt racism and still claim they have a higher standard than right wing republicans. Let's not forget the connections between Paul Watson and Slade Gorton, Jack Metcalf, and Willis Carto, well known republican earth and Indian hating folks.

I became mean, hurtful, and angry. I wanted whitey to hurt as bad as whitey makes my people hurt. I've heard racist justifications from white folks that the Makah genocide was fine because they were slavers. So were white folks, so I called for white folks to line up for their genocide. I called white folks Peckerwoods and Crackers and this has stimulated conversation. It was still mean of me. It was still hurtful. And it was an attempt to get white folks to understand how hurtful their racism is. White skin doesn't make you holy. Being vegan doesn't make you holy. Being Indian doesn't make me holy. Being alleged peaceful doesn't make you holy.

I want your people to stop hurting my people and to treat them with the respect we deserve. Jesus FUCK! It really isn't asking too much. I mean, shit, you took EVERYTHING from us. EVERYTHING, and then live with this belief that it was OK and justifiable for whatever reason you choose to make up at the moment.

Then I find out lefty tree sitters are raping their women in the encampments. WHAT THE FUCK! I held these folks to a higher standard. I believed. They lied. With the exception of the women, most if not ALL of the men in those groups turn out to love violence against women just as much as republicans, the taliban, etc. Women have to always be on the lookout against men because men are constantly enacting dominance and hatred over them. Left, Right, inbetween and all around.

This just has to stop, folks. We have to examine our behavior. We have to stop hurting each other. We have to stop trying to dominate the other for our own gain. Yes, even me.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]