Tuesday, April 24, 2007

 

Eagle




On Sunday before we headed out to the BOO volunteer appreciation party, I heard Rhonda yell as I was grooming in the bathroom, "FELICIA SPOTTED AN EAGLE!" I came running out of the bathroom and the three of us went outside. Sure enough, there was a bald eagle circling in the sky a little west of us, then it moved slowly until it was flying above us.

A man walked up and asked what we were looking at. "A bald eagle" I told him. He looked up and asked, "are you sure it's not a buzzard?" "Buzzards fly different," I informed him. "I'm gonna go get my binoculars," he said, and disappeared. We watched the eagle for about 7 minutes before it finally headed northeast, probably toward government island.

What a beautiful way to start the week!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]