Saturday, March 17, 2007

 

My Apologies to you, Zek

Zek, I would sincerely like to apologize to you for my behavior toward you. I get really punchy when it comes to the type of racism you displayed. Now that I've calmed down, I've even gotten over my hatred. However, let me explain a few things.

You can walk away from this anytime you want. I live it. I face it every single day of my life. It wasn't until about six years ago that I finally just got tired of institutionally racists that I have started blowing up at many of them.

I lived three doors down from the Beaverton chapter of the KKK and I used to commute back and forth to work with a Skinhead. These guys would have never said shit to me like you and David have, and so many others throughout my 43 years of life.

I've become rather reactionary when this shit pops up. It's kind of like someone poking you with a sharp stick everytime you see them. You can only ignore the shit so long before you blow up.

I could use the type of logic you did to justify all attrocities of all kinds in all places and EVERYONE'S complicity in them in one form or another. It is simple and easy and a good way to keep us all divided where should be united.

That said, I don't hate you. But you definitely pissed me off and I did hate you for a few days there.

Here are a few other intensely institutionally racist statements made by a few semi-famous white folks:

Paul Watson of the Sea Shepherd Society on his way to protest the Makah whaling I believe in '99 stated: "We have become the Indians and the Indians have become the cavalry." This statement has earned him my hatred and I haven't stopped hating him not only because of this. He has also alligned himself with an anti-Indian anti-Environmental senator, Slade Gorton. He has also lied about being at Wounded Knee in '73 and being given the name greywolf clearwater by Wallace Black Elk. No one remembers him, however. There are many other things about that ugly cracker ass piece of shit as well.

When I confronted Peter Bergel of Oregon Peace Works about his sexism and racism, he had this to say to me: "We are all a little sexist and racist, Eugene, even you." Thus excusing all of his racism and sexism. When I brought up the fact that his racism is one of the reasons why people of color don't want to join him in the peace movement, he had this to say: "If people of color would quit blaming white men for their shortcomings..." then we would have unity.

With people like this on our side, we have virtually no chances at all.

Anyway, I get very reactionary about this form of racism. It can't be cracked. I don't expect you to change or necessarily even to see it in yourself. I have heard of Skinheads and KKK getting deprogrammed but so far NEVER any person with institutional racism. *sigh* And here it is...another fucking day...





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]