Friday, March 16, 2007

 

Linda's Indian Home

On "Native Nations" last night, David Liberty informed me that he met Linda Thompson, the great grandaughter of Tommy Thompson, the fishing chief at Celilo Falls for 84 years. He invited her down to the show, but wasn't sure if she would make it.

We started out the show discussing the wars with Iraq and Afghanistan and the soon to be coming war with Iran, when Linda and Marcella showed up.

As we four sat and talked about Celilo Falls and life around fishing then and now, Linda mentioned there were a couple of books that talked a lot about Tommy Thompson. One was "Linda's Indian Home," a book I have read several times to my daughter with lots of photos of an Indian baby named Linda. I had always wondered what happened to her, and then realized... I asked Linda if she was the Indian baby in "Linda's Indian Home." Turns out...SHE IS!

I can't find my copy now, but I am going to find it and have her sign it. I can't wait to tell Felicia about this also.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]