Thursday, March 01, 2007

 

I have no right

The sky opened up and sang a song
in its dark cloudy day
as I again decided to journey
across the Burnside Bridge
to buy tobacco at Rich's.

My thoughts are consumed
by my failures at Love.
I consider not doing it again
and remember the last time I thought that
I fell in Love with a woman
who became a great friend.

It is dangerous to say
one will never try something ever again
as they may find their ideals challenged
as I had that day
because I had vowed never to fall in Love again.

So I am careful as I
put my secrets in my pockets
and let them slip through the holes
and into my river
commonly known as the Willamette
as I offer her tobacco
and pray for her Beauty.

I have no right
to receive what I desire in my life.
This has been pointed out to me
by experience
and a friend.
I have no right...
and that is OK.

And I stand across the largest canyon
of two pieces of the same bridge
that will never touch
but will always be in each others presence
and I realize
I am unworthy.
I am not worthy.

I make my prayers
and offer my tobacco with a smile
as I return from my journey
and clearly realize this.

I smile as I see my relatives,
two geese,
fly beneath the bridge
above the water
so in sync
so Beautiful
and it is good to see
that it works with other species.
It is good to know
that it works with my fellow humans.
But I...
I am not worthy...
And that is OK...
and I smile
and walk into the rest of my life.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]