Friday, March 23, 2007

 

Hindsight Being 20/20

Looking back at when Zek made his comment, I realize now I immediately reacted to his comment with rage. For me, this institutional racist shit hurts and I really felt blindsided and in sudden self-defense mode. After this particular battle and hindsight being 20/20, I believe I have learned to behave differently toward folks who perform such institutional racism toward me.

"by your own words then, you have nothing to complain about 'amerkans' killing your ancestors as the killers were after all only 'duped', hence not responsible."

After Zek made this comment, I could have said something like:

Zek, here you have an unfair advantage over me. You know quite a bit about me as I am not afraid to put my face and opinions out in public. You know my race, I have a radio program, TV program, my work, my relationships with others, etc., because I am very open about these things. I know very little to nothing about you from the comments you have made on my blog. You have thus made a comment about my race to make your point. That is UNFAIR and INSTITUTIONALLY RACIST. I cannot take advantage of anything I know about you as I have very little knowledge of who you are and doubt you will ever offer any.

By saying you're are using my words, you have given yourself a plausible deniability as to what you really believe. You tell me then, I have nothing to complain about what Americans have done to my folks considering troops were duped. (Again, let me point out the unfair advantage of you knowing my race and me knowing virtually nothing about you). You fail to take into consideration that you have many advantages in this nation yourself due to the fact that my people were slaughtered by the millions and you benefit heavily. I, however, wake up everyday and face this style of institutionalized racism. I wake up to the imperialist colonialist government that occupies my land and I can't kick them off and they continually destroy everything that is ours. And, Zek, what gives you the right to take away my rights as an indigenous person to complain about what happened to my indigenous folks. That makes you just as imperialist but in a small scale as the folks that currently occupy and destroy my land and destroyed my folks to get it. You are willing to take away my freedom in whole or in part and using my race to do so, but I don't even have hardly and idea about who you are. That is institutionally racist and I won't stand for it.

I Live this form of racism everyday: imperialist colonialist government that occupies my land, racist sports team names, racist product names, being generally invisible as a race of folks on our own land, etc. So I won't put up with anyone such as yourself coming here and taking UNFAIR advantage of information you know about me, which is a lot, and me having almost no information about you as you choose to remain anonymous to continue to take advantage of that unfair advantage, and tell me what I can and cannot do as far as my RACE is concerned. It just doesn't happen that way, brother, so you better find another way to phrase what your saying, or you can just FUCK OFF!

........

Serephim later made the comment after she took this argument to Indymedia: "The troops get what they deserve." This implies a superiority over the troops on her part. Like imperical light. To me, it seems Serephim seems to have given herself the right to decide who does and doesn't DESERVE to die, be maimed, etc. Who made you the God or Goddess of these folks, Serephim? So, here stands the question that no one seems to want to answer: How did you lose that part of your humanity and what makes you think you are any better than "the troops" other than the fact that you don't do your own killing?

It makes me think of the war supporters I hate so much. Never support a war you are not willing to take up arms and fight in yourself as you are asking other people to do your killing for you. It is the HEIGHT of arrogance. What arrogance you have, Serephim, in giving yourself the power over deciding who does and doesn't get to die. Why aren't YOU out there doing your own killing?

I am against all killing.

I knew a man that had a vision of his own death. In that vision, he saw all the things he did in his life and how they effected the lives of others around him and many folks he did not know. He had to take responsibility for ALL of his own personal actions GOOD and BAD. These troops will have to as well. You will have to as well, Serephim. I will have to as well.
And so will you, Zek. I am against all killing, I want it all to stop, then we can bring justice in whatever form to those that have committed or are truly responsible for the crimes. Killing them is out of the question, however. KILLING IS WRONG! ALL KILLING! EVEN BEING COMPLICIT IN ANY FORM OF KILLING!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]