Wednesday, March 21, 2007

 

The Good Fight

I get my fight from my Grandma, Violet (Smith) Johnson. She was Alsea and Klickitat. She never quite made it to five feet tall. She was very Loving and one fierce bar brawler up into her 60's. She usually won. She had only one good arm. She also stood down some very big men on many an occasion. She also raised 40 children besides her own 6, 5 of whom she sadly outlived.

I get my sense of humor from my father, Louis Wilbur Johnson. He used alcohol and humor to medicate his depression and wound up dying when I was 17, basically from liver failure. It took two years, and it wasn't pretty. He was very Loving and caring and helped raise many of my cousins and his grandaughter.

I get my leadership bloodline from my very Loving grandfather, Louis Johnson. He was the last chief of the Lower Umpqua. I don't believe in bloodline leadership so much as I do in proof that you are a leader, since I can't organize, I don't consider myself much of a leader. So I struggle using my big fat mouth as a tool to bring about change.

The white folks of my family were pretty much racist, except for the kids, though some of the kids did participate in the "institutional racism" that me and my three sisters were forced to live out. I don't hang out with these folks. Haven't for years, which includes my mother who lives only a few miles away.

Just so you know, with these things in mind, you come to my blog with your institutional racist bullshit acting holier than thou or attempting to become my own personal fucking dictator like Serephim and Zek, you will be in for a good bout, even if you take it to Indy, like that asshole Serephim.

Offer still stands, sister. I'll buy you a copy of "Autobiography of a Blue-Eyed Devil" by Inga Muscio.

Went to the vigil last night and exercised some of my humanity. Serephim, since you said that "the troops get what they deserve" as far as all the damages go with their end of war, I again ask you, where is that part of your humanity. What makes you any better than that which your claim to struggle against other than you don't do your own killing? And still, what made you believe you and Zek had the right to tell me what I can and cannot do as an Indian on my own fucking land? What an arrogant fucking racist asshole you are.

See you in the trenches.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]