Sunday, March 25, 2007

 

Free Speech Issues.

I found this article on Commondreams about the crushing of free speech. Y'all should read it.

Play About Iraq War Divides a Connecticut School

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/03/24/56/

This is bullshit. This is crushing of free speech. What this particular princilple is saying if you produce a play that says "yeah! Get out there and kill some folks!" they could do it. But since this challenges mind sets, ideals, patterned ways of thinking, gets people to think and question the world around them...Then it must be stopped.

I would never tell anyone that they cannot come here and challenge my ideals and what I say. That is why I do this. What if I'm wrong? What if my ideas are truly indifensible? That is why I put myself behind my words and ideas. I either find better ways of defending them, change them, or find better arguments in dealing with those who disagree with me.

Free speech is being crushed around this nation. This is just another example.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]