Thursday, February 22, 2007

 

Stuck in a Box

So, I got stuck in a truck with a racist sexist piece of shit for two days.

Mind you, I have my racist and sexist issues as well and try to deal with them as good as possible. I'm no innocent man. But this was ridiculous.

One of the first things he said on Monday when we were out in the truck, and I have no idea why he said it or in what context it was even brought up, "Like I say: Give a nigger a fur coat and he'll think he's king kong."

I couldn't believe he said that. I was thinking "where's my gun...oh wait, I don't own a gun."

So he goes after every race. He does it with a sense of humor, which is also offensive. Like he is giving shit to every race as a joke. It aint funny.

He talked about women like they were holes. His wife, he talked about her like she was a b****, but they seemed to have a good and respectful relationship.

This man has also been through a lot in his life. Kids and former wife disappearing on him one day and he was left with the clothes on his back. Finds out a few years later his kids had been adopted out because the ex and boyfriend were abusing them. Speaks Russian and Spanish. Lived in Siberia for 6 months. Former jet liner mechanic. As well as being a racist sexist piece of shit.

I feel like I was put in a position where I'm damned if I do damned if I don't. I could speak out and get serious shit. I could my bosses and receive serious shit. I could start facing harassment for saying anything because I know how this system works. I figured it was one day as I was told I would be alone on the route the next day.

Next day, there he is again. He starts out about the blacks wanting reparations for slavery and saying that's wrong. "That shit effects you for generations," I told him. I told him of how I see the effects of genocide of Indians every day. I started bleeping out facts quite often, and his tune started changing. I let him know that many of us Indians are still fighting. He stopped talking racism.

Later, he again talked of women as holes. "I thought it was great that a few years ago that the strippers in this town tried to organize and unionize." "They did?" I told him of Danzine and we both started talking about health care and safety for women in the sex industry.

Last half of the day he didn't say shit about race or sex.

Top this off with all of the other shit that has been going on in my life, and I've been one pretty grouchy asshole the last couple of days.

Last night, my friend Sharon and her two daughters, my sister Roxanna and her daughter, and Felicia and I were all hanging out in my room BSing. Mostly, it was Roxanna and Sharon talking shop as they are involved in a similar trade. It was good to see Sharon again. I hadn't seen her in over a year.qr





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]