Thursday, February 22, 2007

 

Ishmael Beah





I am about to interview Ishmael Beah, a former child soldier from Africa. I am almost completely cold on this interview. I only heard about him yesterday evening. This morning, Lisa informed me she will be unable to do the interview and asked if I could. I haven't read the book. I still have to read the press packet. While making breakfast for Felicia and my self, I did a cram session with Lisa, who also wrote numerous questions for me to ask as an outline. I worked with a man who was a child soldier in Africa and learned a lot, but that was several years ago. I'm nervous and scared but I want to let you all know about this book and this man. He will be reading at some 5 different Starbucks around town. Starbucks, believe it or not, is publicizing his book heavily. Ishmael works in a deprogramming program for child soldiers based in New York. He will also be reading at Powell's tonight, and why I'm writing to you all while I should be doing some more cramming... Find out where this man is reading, get there, listen, I'm nervous as all fucking get out!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]