Sunday, December 24, 2006

 

Merry Christmas, but How Much More Can the World Take, Especially The World's Women?

Merry Christmas, and more on that after this.

The following is an article about what pregnant women have to go through in Bethlehem. You would think Christians worldwide would be upset by this, but I hear no word from any of them. These people may be the descendants of those who actually heard the word of Christ, but Christians seem to show little or no concern for these people.

I am grateful for those Christians I know who actually are concerned for these people. Joy is one person who comes to mind and I am so thankful for her and the work she does to help the people of Palestine.

When you read this article, please take into consideration that article 2d of the UN Convention...[on] Genocide states one of the conditions of genocide is preventing births within the group. This condition happens to fall under that article, as well as 2c, imposing conditions upon life to bring about the destruction of a people in whole or in part.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/1223-03.htm

Besides all of that, I still wish you all a Merry Christmas. I am not a Christian, but I think Christ was a cool kinda fellow, but I don't believe all of what the bible says about him considering the numerous editing processes done to the book throughout the centuries to suit the few who would benefit from such editing processes.

But this is a good holiday. A day of general generosity. A day of giving. I could do without a lot of the Chrismas Carols, but I do enjoy the Christmas songs and stories, such as William S. Burroughs, "A Junkies Christmas," which I heard yesterday morning on an extended version of Daniel Flessas' show, "Outside World," on KBOO. Where else are you going to hear such wonderful stuff as all that?

When I was with my former, I received a rather harsh verbal beating for calling the "solstice lights" "Christmas lights" in a slip of the tongue. I was reminded of this for months to come. So, in a way, telling you all MERRY CHRISTMAS is a way of rebelling to me. A [though very minute on the scale of things] personal Revolutionary act.

Now, life is treating me well. Even after buying a car, I had the opportunity to be generous to my sweetie and our kids. If I had more finances or a greater sense of creativity, like my sweetie, I would have been more generous. But there is plenty of time for that and not only around this time of year but as often as possible without driving myself into poverty and still having much to have fun with.

And in the midst of all of this celebrating, I will do all I can to struggle to bring down this system known as civilization because it is creating the conditions upon which the women of Bethlehem and women the world over and children and men as well have to live under. It is time to change the world, and I am not sure how to do that. It is time to take it all back, and I'm not sure how to do that. Gotta do something though, the whole world deserves better than what we're getting.

MERRY CHRISTMAS





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]