Friday, December 08, 2006

 

I Think I Was Followed

I think I was followed this morning while at work for a little bit. Nothing happened so it was possibly nothing at all. Then again...? I started speculating, but have come up with some many different scenarios, innocent and guilty, that speculation really isn't worth the effort, so I'll just tell you exactly what happened.

I was driving my work truck Southbound on I-5. I took the Terwilliger Exit to go to the Burlingame Fred Meyer. I turned South onto 99W and the car behind me got in the right lane like me. I thought that was kind of weird, afterall it was 4:50 in the morning with very little traffic out. There are three driveways leading into this particular Fred Meyer. I took the middle one, and the car seemed to be following me at first, then I noticed it driving on, but slowly and cautiously. I thought that was weird, again, considering the time and the lack of traffic. I headed to the South side of the building to go around back as I noticed the black four door sedan, possibly a late model Plymouth (I don't know my cars that well) pulled into the South driveway.

The driveway forks. The right side goes down to the lower South side parking lot and the alley way to the back West side dock. The car pulled in kind of cautiously. I usually pause before I head down the alleyway and write in my times, check for other trucks and early morning employees, but this was too weird to me. I headed right in, and it looked like the car was heading into the lower parking lot, possibly an employee or something.

I got to the back dock area where I turned the truck around and face South down the backside alleyway toward the parking lots. Pulling up onto the upper parking lot was the black sedan, driver side toward me. It had tinted windows, so I couldn't see inside. It was dark out too, so that probably wouldn't even have mattered. He parked there with a good view of the
West side alley. I laughed to myself because I am no threat to anyone. If it was the government, I thought to myself, there coming after a guy who can't get people to help out with the radio and TV shows, let along organize something worthy of them following me. Again...That's speculation, but that was what was running through my head. I had to laugh because in the greater sense of things, I am not effective enough of an activist to warrant a following. Feh!

I saw that their was somebody getting unloaded early, so I hand trucked my 11 boxes to the back dock. I had to wait about 10 minutes before the door was officially open so I could bring my stuff in. I went and locked my truck and they were still there. I smiled up at them because, like I said, it is completely rediculous that they follow me if, indeed, they actually were. I kept checking as I had to wait about half an hour for the receiver to help me as she was busy. I noticed at about 5:15 the car was gone.

There was no suspicious activities the rest of the day. Pretty weird, though, and I figure I should say something just in case.

If I was being followed, it was by someone who wanted me to know it. They were quite obvious and there was no mystery that they were at least looking at what I was doing.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]