Friday, November 10, 2006

 

Try Something Else

And every promise is like a treaty. If the people came through that said they would be at my readings, buy my books, etc., it would definitely be paying for my cigars. But no one cares about poetry and when people show up, there aren't that many. I give up. They get me on the airwaves with little effort. The emotional effort, the amount of work that went into the book and into the readings, it's just too much for close to nothing in return. And I tell people I give up, the audience wins, and I'll never do this again. All sorts of advice comes out. There are all sorts of publishing alternatives things I can do etc., but I'm just not into it anymore. I'm done. I'm tired of all the effort and emotion and the promises and I'm done. It is a tool that doesn't work. I'm done. The audience wins. It just takes too much out of me when others and me put so much effort into something and promises are made and no one shows. I've worked on this shit for two years. Nothing. I'm done.

That doesn't mean I'll stop writing. That goes on until I'm gone. Maybe a posthumous message will be sent to the people and they will realize they have to power to change everything. They have the power to create a world that is good and healthy for them and future generations. They have permission and should give themselves permission to do so. Even so, these words will come to them on the airwaves. That is an effective tool and has been for many years. Time to put that word and voice out there energy into something else.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]