Monday, October 02, 2006

 

John Lennon

Saturday, I went to a tipi meeting and was tired from sitting up all night on Sunday. It was nice as the roadman was serenaded by a Mexican musical group. I, of course, positioned myself close so I could listen in. The food was great and I ate until I was stuffed. Cynthia was there, and it was good to hang out with her some. I caught a ride home with the daughter of the man who owned the property out there.

Rhonda wasn't home when I got here, so I showered, did a few things, and then laid down for a nap as I could barely stay up all night the night before. Just prior to falling asleep, Rhonda opened the bedroom door and we laid down and talked a while. She told me she was going to go check the movie times for "The United States Vs. John Lennon." The film is a documentary about John's peace activist years especially with Yoko Ono. Rhonda paid for the movie and the popcorn and soda and I was very grateful and appreciative. Rhonda, you are so awesome.

We both cried through the movie. I knew John was a peace activist, but I wasn't aware of the details. The man was fucking awesome! He is Rhonda's new hero (as well as one of mine, now), and she has a poster ordered and on it's way. He was a powerful voice for peace during the Vietnam War. He was a major threat to the Nixon administration who noticed that this man's words could motivate thousands of people. The U.S. hit him with INS charges in order to try and get him out of the country. See the film, even if you know the history. It should help motivate you to work toward peace.

John was murdered on December 9, 1980.

This brought up the question in Rhonda's mind about dying for what you believe in. I would die for what I believe in, and if you read Rhonda's blog, you will see that she feels the same way. She is an awesome Revolutionary who Loves the people. But there are a few things I know as well. If I am killed, there will still be war and injustice in its many forms in the world. I have had friends and acquaintances tell me they are afraid that someone would kill me. After 11 or 12 years of speaking out on the radio, I haven't had a death threat yet. Not that I'm asking for one. Jack, the militant lesbian woman whom I adored and is no longer at KBOO, but while she was, I believe that last count was 8 death threats that she received.

Folks, the front lines are everywhere. It is a war on the people. I do what I can from my place of privilege of living in the belly of the beast to create a virus that will eat its soul and we create a world we would be PROUD to leave our children when we die...OR WE WILL DIE TRYING! Please note here that I did NOT say we would "kill" trying. Like my sign says, "Killing is Wrong," and I, for one of millions or billions believe that to be true.

So get out there and do what you can! The world needs you!

http://www.theusversusjohnlennon.com/






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]