Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 

I don't know...

After the tipi meeting on Sunday, I caught a ride home with a young woman who is going to college to be a high school teacher and raising her five-year-old daughter. She keeps telling me she chooses to focus on the good things. She likes singing pop jazz and has a nice voice as she was singing along with the music on a CD she likes.

I've been doing this work for years, I explain. One of my favorite people to quote is Emma Goldman who stated if I can't dance at your revolution I aint gonna come. I don't focus on the bad things. I don't focus on the good things. I take in the whole picture, at least as much as I can.

I always remind people to dance, especially when you do this type of work. You need to have that celebration to create your happiness to continue to motivate you to change the world because this type of work is fucking tough. You know the horrible things going on in the world to maintain your privilege...

I don't know what I'm trying to say.

I want my daughter to live in a world that is free of war, that the horrible pollution caused by the elites to create more wealth for themselves is cleaned up or at least in the process of being cleaned up. I want Felicia to be able to live in a world where her creativity can be exercised in a good way. Where she can deal with the natural suffering and challenges that come her way in good health and happiness. I want that for Rhonda. I want that for Rachel and Eli. I want that for the woman who likes to focus on the good things. I want that for her child. I want it for the world. It isn't asking too much.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]