Friday, October 13, 2006

 

Howard Zinn

Yesterday on "Mitakuye Oyasin," David Liberty and I inteviewed Howard Zinn. This was the highlight of the program. Howard Zinn, is a history professor and author of one of the few, if not only, best selling history book, "A People's History of the United States."

His first chapter in that book is about Columbus. He tells actual documented truths about that brutal and cruel mother fucking piece of shit that is so well Loved in American society. America Loves killers.

What I Loved most about the interview is that he compared Columbus to Bush. Just change the word gold to oil, and poof, you have the mother fucking piece of shit who currently stole and occupies the white house which is on stolen land as it is.

He is a good interview, very personable, and gave David and I a lot of shit for not knowing the title of his forthcoming book. That was funny.

We also had Ofelia Zepada who is a linguistics professor out of the University of Arizona and poet whose poetry is in both T'ohono O'odham and English. Liz Woody was with her, who is also a great poet and all round wonderful human being who works for Ecotrust. Ofelia will be speaking at the PSU Indian Student center a couple of times today.

I also read to intense poems. One about Chris and the boys which I will publish here later as I have to get my ass ready for work here in the next few minutes. The other was about George Bush being catered to and pampered like the king he likes to believe he is.

I wanted to dedicate the show to Anna Politkovskaya, but so much was happening throughout the whole show I spaced it out until the end and mentioned her then. I plan on talking more about her on my next program.

Lisa, Felicia's mom, brought Felicia down to the show. I didn't get to spend a whole lotta time with Felicia, but it was good to see her and I'm grateful her mom took her out of school and brought her down. The highlight of the show for me was dancing with the kid to one of her favorite songs by Rebecca Bellmore called "High Tech Tee-Pee Trauma Mama."

Thank you David, Lisa, Felicia, Ofelia, Liz, Rhonda, Howard, Anna, all the listeners and Volunteers for helping make "Mitakuye Oyasin" what it is for this community.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]