Monday, October 09, 2006

 

Harold and Maude

Last night, Rhonda and I watched "Harold and Maude." She had never seen the whole thing.

Do you ever wonder how some things have shaped your life and you don't remember? I felt that way the last couple of weeks as I watched "The U.S. Vs. John Lennon." John said so many things that it was like we were speaking with the same voice. Peace. Self-defense. Not a good idea to use weapons in the Revolution because they have bigger weapons and a greater desire to kill. You know, things like that.

Harold and Maude was the same way. Love life! Enjoy Life! Live life as fully as you can! Revolution all the way.

My sisters worked at the now gone Westgate Theater in Beaverton at the time, so I would get to go in and see movies for free. That was one of the movies I got to see. I was seven or eight at the time.

Love does not know age. Love lives on its own time.

Yesterday was Rhonda and mines five month anniversary. We haven't been feeling too well the last couple of days, energetically and physically, Rhonda especially. We talked about the need for leader in this movement.

Leaders...

MLK was a leader. Their was a common cause in those time. Segregation was horrific. Violence against minorities was horrific. The U.S. was a global disgrace as far as equality. So there was a cause, a common cause for people to stand up against. There was so much suffering. There was the threat of death and actual murders happening.

Today, we can't get people to mobilize to save anything. People in the U.S. have become so complacent. Their is no desire to save the world in a majority of peoples lives because they are all so comofortable. They would have to be dragged out of their comfort to feel motivated enough to help the people. They would have to suffer themselves before they will help in stopping the suffering of others.

I would rather it didn't come to that, but I know it will have to. I would rather people not wait and stop the global attrocities now, but I don't think that's gonna happen. That doesn't stop me or Rhonda from doing are part still, but their is no room for leadership in a world that for the most part just doesn't care about anyone but themselves. The conditions are becoming horrible in this nation as well, but it's like the boiling frog.

My friend Maire told me that in Southern Ireland, the fight is all out of the people their. They are all fat and complacent and don't really give a rats ass about the North because they got theirs. Sometimes, seeing this shit, she wonders if freedom is worth the price. But there are still people like her, Rhonda, Medea, Martha, Cynthia, Me, Jim, Inga, and so many more out there trying to get people to wake up. There will be a time. I know it now. There will come a time when many people will suffer because of this administration. Suffer here, that is, because there is already great suffering across the world because of this administration. I wonder if people will get off their asses then. I doubt it, but it is what I will struggle for. I Love my humans, even the complacent lazy bastards. I want good things for all of us on into the future generations.

REVOLUTION NOW! DON'T WAIT!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]