Friday, October 20, 2006

 

Fun Filled Day, the Night...none of your business.

I walk across the Burnside bridge on this wet and rainy Thursday, thinking of my honey, my show, Ron Wyden, and offer tobacco to all the people I Love in prayer to the river I Love.

I see my friend the cigar store Indian as I walk into the store and head for the cigar counter. I thought maybe a Hoyo de Monterrey then notice the La Unica #200 on the counter and get that instead. I used to smoke a lot of these when I smoked more regularly.

I leave the store and light the big ole stog. I am wearing my long black wool coat with my Buddha scarf. I let the coat flow openly. I can tell some people are looking at me and I enjoy the attention and wonder somewhat what they are thinking.

The leaves from the maple trees are starting to fall and are sticking in place to the pavement where rain acts like glue. I find myself in my personal sacred spot and again make offerings to my river, our river, and I Love her and I Love Rhonda.

Back at KBOO, the greatest place on earth in my opinion, I think of the woman I gave the tour to two days ago, Maya. She was amazed that such a little place does such a big thing. I also found out she drives for Elephant's and knows one of the people I deliver to at their commisary.

John Tally is in the house, on the air with the same show, "Indian World" for 31 years. I pitch for his show with my friend Julie Sabatier. She is so awesome and does great radio.

I saw Lisa Loving and declared it to be Lisa Loving Day. The other day was Ani Haines Day. Sunday was Michael Franti Day. Everyday for me is Rhonda Day!

Rhonda picked me up at 2:30 and we went to see Ron Wyden, the man who doesn't quite behave like a Democrat but isn't quite a Republican either, kind of sorta... Rhonda presented him with a letter and asked him to step forward in ending the war with Iraq and bring our troops home. She included the names of the soldiers killed in Iraq.

When I finally decided I wanted to ask a question, after half an hour of raising my hand in the town hall style meeting, I, and many others, were not called. I don't think my words would have made a difference in his heart anyway.

Ron said he was against terrorism, but did not mention that the United States has supported terrorism against Cuba since the Eisenhower administration to the present including harboring the man who blew up a Cuban airliner in the '70's killing 73 people.

He also mentioned that he voted for the wall being built to protect us for those horrific darkies to the South. Tough on illegal immigration. I wanted to mention what the wall is doing to the T'ohono O'odham nation. How it is separating families. How the council was coerced and didn't tell the people for a week that they had voted to allow the U.S. to build this wall. Remind him of Berlin. And to note that there is no wall to the North being built. Could that be because they are mostly white and English speaking?

There was a mention of the U.S. in violation of treaties, and thus in violation of the Constitution which Ron also said he supported. I wanted to mention that those bombs were designed to hurt and maim children in order to use up resources in the field, in the hospitals, and so those kids would grow up and become a drain on the system.

And off Rhonda and I went to the TV show, "Native Nations." David Liberty brough in Cece Whitewolf from Native American Circle of Hope cancer survivors network because they are having a fundraiser in the form of "The Gathering of Flutes." A young woman, 13, by the name of Fiona Graham played flute for the show. David does such great work on the TV. He is fucking awesome. I whispered to Cece during a flute song that the U.S. has declared that there is no connection between agent orange and cancer by simply completely throwing out the studies and declaring the connections invalid, kinda like there were WMD's in Iraq.

Rhonda and I went to Goodwill and dinner after that.

Life is good.

Oh! October Surprise...BOMBING IRAN! Ooops, gave it away! Maybe they won't do it now?





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]