Monday, October 16, 2006

 

Dear Spearhead Fellows!

Dear Spearhead Fellows,

I don't know if you are actually reading this. My handwriting last night was sloppy. I thoroughly enjoyed the show. I'm real impressed with the work you guys do. I was saddened throughout the show, however, as my Sweetheart, Rhonda, got called away about fifteen minutes after we arrived for the show. She didn't get to see any of the shows. I wanted to leave but she encouraged me to stay, and I'm glad I did, but I missed her terribly. I asked the keyboard player to try to dedicate the song that had the lyrics "Bring 'em Home" in it. There is a reason for that.

Let me tell you a little about my Beautiful Sweetheart. Rhonda is a hospice nurse. She was called away to help with a woman who is on the verge of dying. She Loves her work but gets a lot of shit from the organization she works for, such as being on call one out of every five weeks or so. Rhonda worked all day Friday and Saturday and she didn't get a single call on Sunday until we got to your show.

Rhonda is also a Peace activist. She is a member of Code Pink, as well as having been arrested last year with a handful of others in a sit-in on Ron Wyden's office (Senator, D-Or) to have him demand a pull-out of the troops from Iraq. She also started a vigil that has been going on for over a year. It is a peace vigil and it is done in front of the recruiting station on NE Broadway here in Portland.

The reason that I ask that you dedicate that bring the troops home song to her is because she is an awesome and wonderful woman and human being who wants peace and does what she can. Rhonda is constantly thinking of other things to do but rarely has the time or energy.

I Love Rhonda dearly. She does great work in this world. She would tell you different if you ask her. She would tell you that she doesn't do enough. But, my friends, she is one awesome and wonderful human being who wants peace in the world and is at least trying to do something to get it.

So, check this out. I have to get up at 2am to be to work by 3:30am. That gives me time to do things like write to you guys on my blog, and hopefully you are reading this. My alarm goes off after my two hour nap, and I walk into the kitchen to find my Sweetheart Rhonda standing at the sink drinking some water. She had gotten home 10 minutes before. The patient she got called for still hadn't died. She got called for another one while she was out, and that person still hasn't died either. She went to bed because she knows they will go soon and she will be called out to one, the other, or both of them when they go. She is a hospice nurse. That is what she does and she is good at it.

I Love Rhonda dearly and would appreciate it greatly if somewhere along the lines, even though we may never hear about it, never see you sing it, never hear you make the actual dedication to her, I would appreciate it if you did anyway because Rhonda Baseler is one of the most awesome people I know.

Thank you guys. Oh yeah, and I hope you enjoyed the poems. They are much better read out loud. I produce a radio program and got to do that on the last one with those two. A friend also arranged a 15 minute interview with Howard Zinn for us, considering it was the celebration of 514 years of occupation and genocide in this nation currently known as the United States.

Enough about me. And thank you for all you do and thank you for at least listening to the request for a dedication to my Lover, Sweetheart, Wife, Friend, Rhonda, because she is awesome and it really saddened my heart she couldn't stay for the show.

Sincerely, with much Love and Peace to you all!

Eugene Johnson
the Angry Indian





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]