Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

Beauty Sleeps Beside Me

Beauty sleeps beside me at night.
We make Love and the World is as Beautiful
as she is.

As we took the last few steps toward Interstate,
the tiny rose patch on Farragut had one tiny bud left.
As Rhonda closed her phone conversation
about the insanity of her workplace,
I paused and inhaled the scent...
IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!
I pointed to the bud and my nose
and she leaned in
phone still to ear
as she inhaled
her beautiful brown eyes opened wide in amazment
a smile across her beautiful face.

Although it was sad for me
I stayed and listened to Michael Franti
my Sweetheart out helping people
on the verge of dying
the night I imagined with her
interrupted...

Michael's dreads would fly
and I never have been to a concert
where the band was so charasmatic
and the people would jump at his suggestion
and all was beautiful
even the tragedies he would sing about
and I cried through some of the songs
part missing Rhonda
part because they were beautiful and tragic.

Michael is so tall
I thought all the members of his band were
5' 2"
Michael stands 6' 6"
and his soul is so much bigger
than the imagination can embrace.

BTW
thanks for the dance
Anne, Eric, and Jason!
I really wish Rhonda could have been there.

And she is sleeping now
resting from her difficult days at work
the stress of being called out
during events she wants to partake in
the stress of the work itself
the stress the management heaps on
because they have no idea what the fuck they are doing.
There was a tiny smile
on her lips
as I dragged my tired ass out of bed
to get ready for work.
Her beauty will comfort my soul
as I drive down the many roads
of this town
I am so familiar with.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]