Tuesday, September 05, 2006

 

Two Steve's I Know Have Died This Last Week

Steven Lindenmeyer (sp?), long time KBOO supporter and activist, and one time KBOO boardmember, has passed on. All I have been able to get out of anyone around here so far (all those who know the details are really busy), is that he was hit by a train. We had many conversations in the hallways of the BOO and at rallies and marches we'd run into each other at. My condolences to Ruth Kovacs, Steve's mother, and to all of his Loved ones and KBOO for their loss.

Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter, whom I do not know personally, has passed on. A stingray barb to the heart I've been told. Steve Iriwin's energy and enthusiasm bothered me at first, but then after listening to him and watching him many times, the man had a true Love for our animal relations. The man has had so many close calls, I figured him to be pretty much invincable. The animals have lost a great ally, and I hope that he has created many allies for the animals through his show and his enthusiasm and Love for them. My condolences to his wife and kids, to his father, his co-workers, all of his fans and Loved ones.

Hey...Steve's...please send reinforcements if you can. This world...We all need them. Thank you both for your work.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]