Sunday, September 10, 2006

 

Powerful Monsters

The giant arch backed metal monster reached across the river to eat me.
Saturday...
in the early morning misty rain
atop the monster's back
stood two figures
cloaked in capes
with lights that illuminated
a horrifying mystery
strouded in the mist
of an early morning Saturday.
The monsters gaping mouth
made the whole scene
look like something out of a comic book
as I drove my truck
(doing the speed limit, of course)
into it's gaping
sturgeon like mouth.

The lights of the city below,
on the ships,
in the buildings
as we all awoke
to the mysteries
of wet emotions
looked like a comic book city
and I wondered if that was how
the idea for Gothem City
was born
in the imaginations
of millions.

And the monster swallowed me
and my work truck
and I drove straight out its asshole
and headed toward Beaverton.

The monster turned out to be
the Fremont Bridge...
No wonder I wasn't scared shitless.


Felicia and I walked down Lombard
later that evening
heading down from our journey on the max
from downtown
where we just celebrated salmon
kinda.

I pointed out all the beautiful flowers
and especially the lawn
the woman worked hard and diligently on
all summer
and created a beautiful space
right there
on one of the busiest streets
in this interesting city.

I point out the roses
blossoming
and feeling desirous
of insects and birds
to pass on
their sexy sweetness.

"Hey dad," Felicia calls.
I turn to see her smell
a magenta rose
and looking visibly disappointed
at its lack of a scent.
I smell the other blossom.
"It's feint," I say.
"But it's there."

Sometimes...
that is where the power is.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]