Monday, September 04, 2006

 

MONSTER

Rhonda, Felicia and I went out for breakfast at Hometown Buffet.

After eating ourselves silly, we got a few groceries at The Daily Grind and then went to Powell's dowtown.

Rhonda went home, and Felicia wanted to see a movie her last day before sixth grade with me. (She starts sixth grade tomorrow). There wasn't anything I wanted to see. She wanted to see something scary, so she decided on "Monster House" which she was not that happy about, but she wanted to see a movie.

Monster House, an animated film, was actually rather good. In fact, much better than "The Wicker Man." (I remember what I said to my wife after she reminded me. "You can't go wrong with Nicholas Cage. [pause] Yeah you can.") Monster House is about some kids who fight the house across the street from one of them which turns out to be possessed. This movie actually touched on some of those things that used to scare me about scary movies, unlike Wicker. It didn't actually scare me, but it was quite entertaining with a good ending and quite funny and touching as well.

If you are into kids movies, or have a kid, this is a good movie to take them to.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]