Tuesday, September 26, 2006

 

Life and Thoughts

I haven't felt the urge to write much, lately, other than extremely personal stuff to my honey, Rhonda.

Tonight is the vigil. Be there if you can. 1317 NE Broadway in front of the recruiting center, 5:30 to 6:30pm.

Life is interesting.

There is the impending war with Iran. This really has the potential to bring this nation to its knees or completely down altogether. Venezuela is threatening to sanction the oil the sell here should that happen. Hugo said he'd completely cut us off, which would raise the gas prices to well over $5 a gallon according to Gregg Palast.

Combine that with the fact that China owns quite a bit of our economy and if they dumped it, just threw it away, our economy would fall.

Combine that with the fact that during Bush's illegal war with Iraq, the nation had already been weakened by his daddy's illegal war with Iraq in the early '90's. Iran has an actual military and it won't be so easy for the U.S. just to mow them over like they did with the Iraqi's.

The U.S. military has been complaining the last couple of years of how it has been overextended in Iran because of our illegal occupation there. Imagine what it will be like for them when they are extended even further than they are now with a war on a third front.

Reports are saying the Taliban are coming back strong in Afghanistan. I heard a report that a womans rights activist was assassinated in Kandahar this last week. It makes me think of Fern Holland in Iraq.

Recently, I was interviewed (kind of) for an open mic at Reflections Bookstore on Killingsworth on October 13. I read the woman my "Complicity in the Form of Silence" about Abeer Qassim alJanabi. She liked it a lot.

Rhonda and I are doing very well together, and our relationship will be taking on a new dimension soon which will be very good in my opinion.

I've been invited to a ceremony this weekend.

I attended the NARA Powwow with my honey and Felicia this last weekend. (Rhonda, my honey, was looking very HOT that day...Unnnnhhhhh!) Anyway... (Come to think of it...she looks hot all the time, but especially that day.)

My cousin Trish and her family came up from the rez this last weekend and took Felicia for an overnighter. Rhonda and I took them for pizza the next day.

I'm reading "Hegemony or Survival" by Noam Chomsky. Excellent read about the abuses of the U.S. global force.

Today, I'm going to do what I can to stop the war with Iran. To be honest folks, it looks like this may wind up being the thing that effects all of our lives and motivates most people into a form of action. This is what I've been trying to get us to avoid. We'll see what happens in the months to come. It will take a bit of time after George starts his genocidal illegal war with Iran, but it will hit us and quick, probably within a year, especially if King George usese Nukes, like he so desires to do.

I am hopeful, however, especially as the world is starting to unite against the global forced hegemony of the United States Government. Hang onto your hats, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]