Thursday, September 14, 2006

 

C'mon Let's Do It In the Road!

And again, I'm finding beauty everywhere.

As I walked down Terry
journeying to the max,
I stopped to sniff
the light scent of beautiful roses,
and the gentleman on the porch told me
to take it if I'd like.
Maybe on my way back.

On my way into the city
the City looked so beautiful
through the steel bridge
in the light
of the beginning of fall.

I get off at Pioneer Courthouse Square,
and head for Rich's
for cigars and tobacco
as I have finished paying
on my bankruptcy.

All the people are so different.
Some smile.
Some are sad.
Some happy.
The buildings are beautiful
and seem almost new.
They are like old friends
I haven't seen in a while,
and am making reaquaintance.

I get my smokes
light one up
and head down the street.
I chose fifth and sixth to walk down
because they are the busways
that I had become so familiar with
in the time since I left my ex.
They are beautiful.

I cross the Burnside Bridge
and I can hear the River
my river
our river
the Willamette River
whisper to me that
she missed me.
I am still
the only one who makes offerings to her
the way I do.
To honor her
to understand her validity
and purpose
and to honor that.
It makes her happy
even through all her aches.
She is happy to know
that someone thinks of her
as having a life
as valid and important
as my own.
She is so beautiful.

Off to Grendel's
A Grendel's Ghost.
A hello to Meagan
and Eric,
and there are two new baristas
I barely know.

I chuckle as I cross Burnside
and head for the greatest place on earth
KBOO
to write these words
and so many others
to you.
I suck the whipped cream
off the top of my coffee drink
while smoking the nub
of my cigar.

Beauty surrounds me.
Beauty is everywhere.
And damn
if I don't feel like I've changed again
and damn
if I don't feel like I can change the world.

May we all feel the same
or similar
enjoy our beauty
the beauty of the world
and do something
to change the world for the better.
I know we can do it.
Let's do it.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]