Saturday, August 26, 2006

 

Work

Work is going well. I'm off of graveyard now. Man is that ever nice. I didn't realize how much that would take out of me until I did it.

I've been riding around with other drivers. One, I knew his younger brother growing up. Good soul, but he hung out with a crazy crowd at the time. It was good hanging with his older brother for three days.

Yesterday, I rode along with a driver I was just not too sure about. He ran a couple of red lights, ran a couple of easily stoppable yellows, talked a lot on his cell phone, I saved him from making a couple of mistakes, and I had to let him know traffic was stopping at one point. For the first time since I rode with Heidi's daughter driving, I closed my eyes many a time just to keep from panicking. I liked the route, though, and am thinking of encouraging the boss folks to get me that one regularly.

Driving, I don't have to work in the warehouse or fuel my own truck, something which I had to do with the other produce companies I worked for. That, and so much more.

"This is the graviest job I've ever had," the first driver I went out with told me many times.

Scheduling is a bit tough at the moment as I don't have a set one, yet. But at least it will be days.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]