Monday, August 21, 2006

 

What the FUCK!?

OK, new job. Job good. Working good. Making money, good! Why the fuck am I going through all this fucking bullshit around this job for.

I was originally told that I would probably work in the warehouse on the graveyard shift for one week. One week passed and no sign of being sent out on the road. I start hinting and finally get my driver packet to fill out half way through the second week.

I fill out and talk with the man on Saturday morning, thinking I'll start going out on Monday with a driver for training. NOPE! I'm told to come back in on Sunday for another graveyard day...WEEEEE! I go in on Sunday to be told that I didn't have to come in because they want me to start going out with a driver. I ask to go home, they tell me no. I'm told I start on Wednesday. Then another boss tells me Tuesday. Then again it's Wednesday. This went back and forth until I found out I go out with another driver tomorrow (Tuesday) morning for sure.

Graveyard has been fucking hell on my system. I didn't think it would be as hard as it turned out to be. It is fucking tough. I don't like it. I'm tired all the time and can't sleep well.

So, I have my first paycheck. I go start a savings at a bank, but because my staffing agency banks with some obscure bank, they will hold it for up to "7 business days" before they will allow me to have any of my fucking money. My money. My money that I earned working a shift that has been absolute hell while getting the run around from my employer.

The nearest branch of the bank the check is drawn upon is in bum fuck Beaverton. I'm too exhasted to spend an hour and fifteen minutes one way to cash my fucking check. Besides, I have no money to ride the fucking bus thinking, like an idiot, that it would be easy to cash my fucking hard earned check with MY FUCKING MONEY in it by starting a fucking savings account. FUCK NO!

I go to a check cashing place where I am charged $20 bucks to cash it. $20 FUCKING BUCKS! My hard earned fucking money I have to spend to cash my fucking check!

I've been praying hard today that my job will start running smothly with no run arounds in the best way possible. I've been praying that I will be able to cash my check with my hard earned money without having to give a hunk of it to some fucking asshole because otherwise my bank will hold it up to "7 business days" before I can have any of my FUCKING HARD EARNED MONEY!

WHAT THE FUCK!

PS I forgot to mention a few things. The first time I went to the check cashing place I had forgotten my check which was laying by the computer as I looked up the address for said obscure bank. So I had to walk home and get it and go back.

At KBOO as I tried to fax my time card to my staffing agency, it wouldn't take it at first. I had to wait a bit and then try again and it went through.

On the way to KBOO, the Burnside Bridge was closed to traffic but open to pedestrians. I walked across. On the way back it was closed to pedestrians and I had to walk down MLK past the Peace Park to the Max station by the Rose Garden Arena.

On the way home as I walked down Lombard, some weird dude in a red beat up car, he was an old white guy with a crew cut, made this weird awful noise at me that I had no idea what to think about.

This is all a little fucking weird...OK...a lot fucking weird.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]