Monday, August 07, 2006

 

I've Been Wanting to Mention

On August 1st, Rhonda and I went to a party shortly after the Tuesday afternoon vigil.

[By the way, you are all invited to join us every Tuesday from 5:30 to 6:30pm in front of the recruiting station at 1317 NE Broadway, Portland, Oregon.]

The party we went to was prior to the showing of the documentary film, "Source to Sea," about the Columbia River swim done by Christopher Swain. I realized after a little bit that I was hanging out with a bunch of my heroes. I hung out with Christopher Swain who later signed my Che hat after the showing of the film at the Clinton Street Theater. Andy Norris, the man who written, directed, and basically made sure this documentary got to the people, was the man throwing the party and another hero. Rhonda Baseler, who started the vigil at the recruiting station and we are constantly discussing potential new ways to get people to wake up. Ralph, who produced the documentary. David Liberty, co-host of "Mitakuye Oyasin" and the pivotal figure for the cable access television show, "Native Nations." David is also a strong activist in the Kennewick Man case and a helluva rock balancer.

Heroes...I'm surrounded by my heroes!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]