Sunday, August 27, 2006

 

Half and Half: Boy It's Hot!

I'm a half and half.
Half Indian, Half white,
half human, half spirit,
half car, half bicycle,

"I'm sweatin'" he'd say
when asked how he was doing.
It was a hot one.
Spirits know what we need.
What did we need in there?
What did I need?

I like half and half in my coffee.
Half and half and honey.
Killed a bumble bee on Tuesday,
a little later,
a yellow jacked reminded me of repsect.
The little creature stung me on the chest
and I still feel it six days later.
I was in his home
and he was defending it.
It was just a sting to me
his whole life and the life of his colony
to him.
I respect that.
I don't park my bike there anymore.
I prayed for them.

Boy it's hot in here.
I cover my feet with a towel
to keep them from catching fire
but
Boy it's hot in here.

Half human, Half spirit.
I don't want my friend to leave.
I want her to stay.
But I know she'll go home soon.
I don't want her to go.
She'll be going home soon.
FUCK!
The world needs more people like her.
But who am I to keep her here.
Greedy fucking bastard that I am.

He chastises a man
on the other side of the door
for breaking the rules
the rules
which are never rules.
Rules, which I've been taught
are not written in stone.
But in here,
the energy across the door
screams that they are
and the tension makes me uncomfortable,
unwelcome.

"Halfbreed! How I Love to hate the word!"

Military military everywhere.
After having participated
in one of the meanest organizations
on earth,
those from the military
at the ceremony
seemed to be the nicest,
kindest,
gentlest,
most humble of folks.
Those that I expected to be that way
weren't.
Did I tell you
spider descended
from the ribs
into the womb
where we were all reborn?

Alone with the stars
in a white vinyl chair.
How did I get here?
Why am I here?
What did I get from this?

Although it is not supposed to be a
comfortable experience,
it was uncomfortable
in ways I didn't expect.
Like walking by a house
hearing a child screaming inside
and you're not quit sure
if they're being abused
or amused,
and what can you do?

But damn,
the watermelon and chicken were good!
And picking berries and plums with Rhonda
was good.
And getting the nods
on the way home
trying to keep each other awake
as Rhonda did some good
late night driving
was good.
And so much more was good!

And sometime later
we were finally asleep
and dreaming
and wondering
just what happened.

Time will tell.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]