Saturday, July 22, 2006

 

"V"

Rhonda and I watched "V for Vendetta" last night.

In the end, in the poem, we've all been Revolutionaries all along.

Today, I think of those buildings like parliament where decisions that slaughtered millions and caused great suffering to bring imbalance to privilege.

And V opened the door to an idea. We don't have to cary fear like an appendage our blood runs through. Awaken to the truth.

The truth of waking next to you, Rhonda, on the concrete floor in our cooler basement. Your beautiful smiling face as you reawaken into our world. The beauty of your naked body sitting at the computer. The beauty of your Revolutionary ideas. The beauty of sharing souls with you. Lovers in a troubled time.

And I think of buildings like the white house where decisions that slaughtered us Indians and so many others and they constantly carry that energy that needs to be cleansed. But the buildings didn't make the decisions. They came into the minds of cruel humans.

And V danced at his Revolution and Rhonda and I dance at our Revolution.

And yesterday, at a rally for Peace in the Middle East, a woman and I shake hands. We have common histories. As we speak those words to each other, acknowledge for a brief moment. She tells me that the suffering of her people is much worse. I say nothing as it is not a competition I want to be in...but I understand.

And yesterday...

Yesterday, Rhonda and I watched "V for Vendetta," and V spoke of living without fear.

And we drove home, squeezing between two squad cars on MLK with lights a flashin' in front of Billy Reeds and we don't ask questions, just move along and discuss actions, conditions, conditioning...

And V spoke...of living without fear, and I remember.

I remember my day without fear that I call on often. I remember living in constant fear of attack like living with a feirce animal you Love and live in fear of...And one day, in the trees, magic led me to a place of fearlessness. Don't know what's on the otherside, can't be as bad as watching Lebanese fathers carrying ther murdered babies from bombed rubble.

V...and V...lived and died without fear and with Love for the people in his heart.

What if we all were fearless enough to live in a world without another father ever having to carry their dead babies from the rubble of bombed buildings? What if we were fearless enough to live in a world without fear? What if we were fearless enough to live in a world of peace and Love?





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]