Sunday, July 30, 2006

 

My World Is Weird

Life is interesting, especially as I learn to function within a healthy and beautiful relationship. There are some challenges, however.

Let's see, I'm trying to find a job. Prospects are looking well and hopefully by the end of next week, I'll have one. And therein comes a few complications.

I'm supposed to have Felicia five weeks during the summer. This is tough concerning my situation last summer was one of a lack of transportation. This summer, it is one of needing to find a job. I have a new relationship. I am living in a new place. I'm learning to figure out where everything fits. I don't think this summer it is realistic for me to try to have Felicia for my five weeks, but I believe next summer will prove different.

Work will also present a challenge to the media in which I work within. The radio show, "Mitakuye Oyasin," may become a challenge for me to host. I have a few interviews that I'm lining up, and I'd like to be there. I'm sure David could handle it, but still. And then there is the fact that so few Indians want to get involved in the radio, let alone the program. I think many are scared of me and the radical ideas I put forth. I have no real idea, however, why no one wants to participate. "Mitakuye Oyasin" will be fine, however.

Then there is the ironic world at large. There are legislators that say Israeli killing of babies is OK. Israel is an imperialist nation supported by the U.S. because they keep a level of control in the Middle East so the U.S. doesn't have to do their own dirty work to maintain control over the oil business. Israel states that Hezbollah has made an unprovoked attack on their nation and kidnapped two of their soldiers, therefore, it is OK for Israel to slaughter and kill as many Lebanese, especially civilians, and call it self-defense. Americans, being so fucking stupid, don't even question the motivations of Hezbollah because they are told that Hezbollah is terrorist. Hezbollah, however, has stated it wants a prisoner exchange. Who are the prisoners that Israel is holding? What are the conditions of life for the Lebanese that it motivates them to take such actions as kidnapping Israeli soldiers? Why is Israel trying to block an investigation into its brutal murders of 4 UN observers? Why does Israel want the UN observers out of Lebanon?

And what of Hamas? Hamas kidnapped a soldier in Gaza, and Israel is slaughtering people there as well. Again, it is for a prisoner exchange. Who are these prisoners? Etc.? But there again, Americans are just too fucking stupid to question anything.

Have you all seen "Why We Fight," a documentary that came out last year. In it is a man who never questioned his government. He was taught not to. His son was killed in the WTC on 9-11. He believe King George the Stupid when George told him that Iraq was responsible. After the U.S. started slaughtering Iraqi's, George said that Iraq had nothing to do with the WTC on 9-11. The man had his sons name put on a bomb. Now he realized it was all a lie. If King George the Stupid is good for anything it is the fact that even the most adamant of unquestioning followers are beginning to wonder what the fuck is going on.

There are, however, plenty of stupid fucks like the religious right who want this shit with Israel going on because, well, it feeds into their end of the world ideals. Somehow, they don't believe in their god's word because they support the slaughter of their fellow human beings. I believe their god said something like, "Thou Shalt Not Kill," enit? Feh! What the fuck does their god know? Obviously nothing compared to the humans he created that Love to kill for the profits of the few.

Then there is the U.S. baby killing in Iraq. The soldiers and their massacres of civilian Iraqi's because they are easier to kill than militants. Hidatha. That young woman the soldiers I'm told to support that was raped by our boys in camo, as it were, and her whole family murdered. The $150 million given to Bechtel to not build a childrens hospital in Baghdad. Fuck! I'm out of work and I didn't build anything in Baghdad. Where the fuck is my $150 million?

Today, Rhonda and I will be taking Felicia to a protest downtown to call for a cease fire in the Middle East. To call for peace in a world that finds peace offensive.

Yesterday, I planted the white sage Heidi gave Rhonda and I as a house warming gift. I planted it out front, by the gate leading to our front door. It will get the most sun there.

Felicia got a magazine with a buncha boys in it yesterday. She is growing up. Her and Rhonda get along great, and Felicia is a good kid.

I may be working soon, and the killing and murdering and raping and oppressing will still be going on.

Weird.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]