Thursday, July 13, 2006

 

Jim Page

Jim Page, awesome folk musician extrordinaire who can pull songs out of the ether around him and play them like he's been playing them for years, was a guest on the "Dharma Wheel," the show just before "Mitakuye Oyasin," on KBOO. The man is awesome. I talked him into playing "Heroes and Survivors." It is a song about the connection between the Choctaw and the Irish. After the Choctaw were relocated, they found out about the plight of the Irish via word of mouth, gathered up as much money as they could spare at the time, and sent it off to the independence movement in Ireland. I gave Jim a copy of my book, "Tremble in Fear..." and he gave me a copy of his new CD, the title of which I forget, but it has an awesome song on it about Rachel Corrie that makes me cry everytime I hear it.

Jim will be playing at the Mississippi Ballroom this evening.

"Mississippi" happens to be the name of the river that runs through Minneapolis, Minnesota, which I have been calling the Missouri. Sorry about that mistake, folks.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]