Thursday, July 20, 2006

 

George McGovern

My honey, Rhonda, turned me on to a little piece about George McGovern on Democracy Now that aired yesterday. The documentary showed George McGovern standing up many times during his stint in Congress calling for an end to the illegal actions of the U.S. in Vietnam in what is commonly known as the Vietnam War. There is a politician I could get behind. But there aren't ANY like him in the current form of Congress in the illegally occupied territories currently known as the United States. For all the illegal actions of the Congress, they should all be arrested and put on trial. I know some of them are innocent and try to help, but most of them would be found guilty of genocide and crimes against humanity including all of Oregon's members as well as that piece of crap Hillary "Kill 'em All" Clinton and her Republican Loving intern fuckin' hubby, Bill "It's Not Sex" Clinton. Complicity is a crime.

We need some George McGovern's in there. Someone who is willing to say something as horrific as "hey, killin' is wrong." But there are no such creatures in the current form of Congress. Just a bunch of assholes who want to, as Mel Brooks might say "protect [their] phony balogne jobs."

That said, UP YOURS ALL OF YOU IN THE U.S. GOVERNMENT AND THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THAT WORKING WITHIN THAT GOOD OL' BOYS NETWORK IS GOING TO CREATE SOME FORM OF CHANGE.

Happy Birthday and a day, George.

For some reason, it's a little hard for me to take, lately. Maybe it's the videos I've seen of the Lebanese father's carrying their recently murdered by the Israeli military daughters. I don't know. Little hard for me to keep up my boundaries with this shit lately. Usually I can eat and look at photos of Iraqi children mutilated by depleted uranium. Today, it isn't so easy. I don't feel like I'm making sense, but what the FUCK ELSE AM I GONNA DO?

It's a little much for me lately. But I aint gonna let it get to me too bad. I'm in a place of privilege. Aint no tanks running up and down my streets murdering my wife or daughter or neighbors. I aint facing those attrocities. I mean, shit does happen in my hood and shit happens on the rez, but I'm relatively safe and so is my family. So the LEAST I can do is speak up. Those are fathers I see carrying off their dead babies. I have a baby. She is 11. I inherited to babies...well...not babies, but two children from Rhonda. They're 20 and 23. I don't have to worry that the military is going to kill them...currently. So...the LEAST I can do is speak out. So I do.

Today, I feel a useless in my efforts. As I write these words, I know Iraqi and Lebanese and Palestinian and Afghan fathers will be carrying there dead babies to fresh graves and there isn't a whole lot I can do about it.

Fucking assholes will tell me abortion is wrong while they support the actions in the Middle East and not give a fuck about children who are breathing on their own here in the U.S., especially darky children. Pro-Life my fucking ass. Pro-Birth at best. Pro-Life NOT AT ALL!

And where the Fuck are the George McGovern's standing up in Congress saying baby killing is wrong. Why aren't they talking about the rapist marines and that little girl they raped and her and her family being murdered by these troops I'm supposed to support.

OK, I guess this is enough venting for now. I'm just overwhelmed by what is going on. Why is it OK to murder other peoples children? Why do people support this genocidal behavior? Fuck!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]