Thursday, June 29, 2006

 

the ratio is like 1 to 280

Another good reason not to join the military as yet another soldier has died near Ramadi as the impending slaughter of Iraqi's there looms on the horizon. It is a sad article, but I read the words that his best friend speaks, and I have to wonder if revenge is in his mind. So many stories I have read of revenge killings in Vietnam done by our soldiers when their friends were killed. I've heard about it in Honduras. I've heard about it in this war. I did the rough estimate math. The last number of Iraqi militarily murdered body count was unofficially around 70,000. The U.S. deaths, roughly 2,500. That means with this soldiers death, approximately 280 Iraqi's will have to die. Maybe Ramadi will be razed soon, as they get closer and closer to all out military destruction of that city. Bringing democracy to Iraq at the barrel of a gun. Sounds like what America did to us Indians.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/B062906Z.shtml





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]