Wednesday, May 24, 2006

 

"Tremble In Fear Before the Soft Pudgy Indian"

I have 50 new copies of my book, "Tremble In Fear Before the Soft Pudgy Indian."

I almost can't believe it! It has been so damned fucking long.

After a year of work, I got the first 50 copies of my book which went fairly quickly. Then 200 new copies were printed, and when my publisher finally opened the boxes, he discovered they were printed with the pages out of sequence, and we wound up having a falling out, and I seriously believed I would never have another one of these books in print, but here it is.

Not only do I have 50 copies of my book, I have the disk in which to print more when needed. Here I must sing great praises to Janice Leber who made this new printing possible.

THANK YOU, JANICE!

I don't believe this. I don't believe this!

I'm selling them for $12 each, three dollars less than the first print because these were done cheaper, but they are so cute and I feel better about these than I do the first printing. If you wish to purchase a book, contact me at kbooindian@yahoo.com.

The following is my favorite review of my book:

"...I can tell you the following about your words:
- you made me cry
- you made me feel so pissed off about all the injustices indigenous minorities have to cope with
- you made me feel treasured as a woman
- you reinforced hope ... because there will always someone who is not afraid to say it how it is
- you made me feel even more proud that I am Native ... even more proud that I am one of a people with a unique history, unique traditions, unique language, unique way-of-being
- you let me know that I am not alone
- you said it your way ... simplespeak ... I felt as though we were just sitting comfortably around a fire and sharing thoughts."

--Kelly Martin, Maori Superwoman





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]