Monday, May 29, 2006

 

Nevada Test Site

I will probably do this in several posts as I am currently really exhausted.

Heading down to the test site, we stopped at a hot springs Peter Brugell knew of. I had never been in one, and oddly, I wasn't uncomfortable being naked in front of all of these peopel and a couple of strangers who were already in the springs.

Then, as we headed through the hills toward the California border, blizzard conditions of snow. It's late May, at it is snowing like it is mid winter. It is snowing so hard, Peter, who was driving throughout most of the first night, could not see well enough to notice he is completely in the oncoming lane. But we made it safely through all of that. And me, being a fool, thought I wouldn't need a coat, so I didn't bring one, and neither did one other person on the trip, who also thought the same thing.

We arrived at the site around, I don't remember what time. Early afternoon, late morning. I have not been good with time on this trip and am currently somewhat delirious with the little sleep that I have had this last night, but that is later in the story.

The wind was so intense that it took all six of us to put up one tent, and then, damage was done to it. Six of us, and a few volunteers from the relatively few people already there.

Corbin Harney and his troop showed up and there were about 20 or more people helping set up there tent in the intense wind. I kid you not, folks, it was so windy as to almost knock us over several times with the whole lot of us attempting to keep this tent from being blown over. Too delerious to continue this at the moment. Exhaustion is setting in. Only had a co Nuple of hours sleep coming home last night and it has been a fantastic and odd journey and the whole story must be told.

So you know, and one thing I will offer at the moment, a message from that wise old Shoshone Elder...We need more people. Any of these events, folks, the only thing the government will listen too, as Corbin so truly put it, is numbers. It took 40,000 to stop the testing in Russia, it will take that and more to stop the testing and making of these horrific weapons. Any of these events, if you can get there, or pray for us/them. We really need the help of one and all.

Carrie Dann was arrested along with a bunch of others, but I'll have to talk about that later. All is well, however.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]