Friday, May 12, 2006

 

"Mystery Sheen"

The coast guard is saying that the oil slick on the Willamette is a..."Mystery Sheen," according to the AP wire here at the mighty 90.7fm

Here is the AP article:

Coast Guard checks out "mystery sheen" on Willamette River

Portland, Ore. (AP) - The U-S Coast Guard is checking out what it calls a "mystery sheen" on the Willamette River this morning.

Lieutenant Michael Block says it's not an oil slick or spill. He says it's what he calls a "light, petroleum-based sheen."

He says city, state, and federal agencies are involved.

Block says it's unknown at this hour what the source is, and he can't estimate the volume of the substance.

----

I wish we had a video camera in this place. As Lisa Loving, PM News Director, brought me this article she was singing a made up spur of the moment song complete with corresponding dance, "Secret Mystery Sheen," sang to the tune, "Secret Agent Man." I Love this place!

The "Mystery Sheen" (no relation to Martin, I'm told) will be passing theNational Wildlife Refuge on Sauvie Island. I am unsure if there are any clean up efforts happening.

"NOTHING TO SEE HERE! MOVE ALONG!"
--Officer Barbrady, South Park Police Department.

What amazes me most is not even officer Barbrady has to say it. People obey orders without having to be told. "Nothing to see here. Move along." It's gonna be tough getting the Revolution into the hearts of the masses, but I KNOW WE CAN DO IT, folks. SI SE PUEDAE! YES WE CAN! IT IS POSSIBLE!

I called City of Portland Environmental Services and was told it was the responsibility of the Coast Guard. The Coast Guard told me they had a couple of boats looking for the source. When I asked if anyone was cleaning it up, I was put on hold and the line was lost a few seconds later. I have not tried to call back. I also called Willamette Riverkeeper and left messages. Lisa just informed me they have a boat and patrol the river, so that may be where they are.

The river has a life. It is alive. It breathes. It has a soul. And it has a "Mystery Sheen" that was a horrible and sick mess to add to all the other horrible shit this alleged great nation has put into OUR RIVER, OUR SISTER!

The quote from that asshole Sir Francis Bacon:

'nature had to be hounded and made a slave to the new mechanicized devices; science had to torture nature's secrets out of her'.

What a fucking piece of shit, but it seems this mentality rolls on...and on...and on...

Might as well spend the rest of my life trying to start a Revolution! What the fuck else am I gonna do? Watch TV?

The Willamette is my sister. The Willamette is my friend. Look what these fucking assholes are doing to my sister! (deep breath, big sigh)





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]