Monday, May 22, 2006

 

Dancing Again?

At the ceremony this weekend, I met a man who seemed vaguely familiar by the name of Tim, but a lot of us Indians look alike (hahahahaha). There was also a Beautiful wonderful elder woman who seemed familiar. I was talking with Rhonda when Tim came up and joined us. Rhonda mentioned to Tim that I had Sundanced but have not completed my commitment. The man asked where I danced. Asked if the soil there was black and cracked (I don't recall black cracked soil, but then again...). He asked who the moderator was. I told him it was the last Sundance where Martin High Bear was the moderator. He then informed me he was the man running the dance. Holy...Wow...then the memories started flooding in. The vibrant and Beautiful elder woman was one of the few people to complete all four days, and I started remembering a little of her as well. I remembered Tim (he pinned me to the tree). It was the hardest dance he had ever been too. I remember during the ceremony he talked great praise of the Beautiful elder woman and mentioned the fact she was very powerful and he had seen her work and knew what she was capable of because of that dance.

On the second day, I went into convulsions and decided to complete my dance early. When one dances, the commitment is for four years. I have only danced once, and that was 11 years ago. I have three years to go, but because of abusive marriages and the bullshit I went through with the man who sponsored me, I have set that commitment aside, convincing myself that I'm completing my dance in a different fashion. Now, however, because of all this Beautiful serendipity, I am again considering dancing again. I am considering completing my commitment. I will NOT be doing it this summer because I am no where near prepared mentally or physically. I think I will support a couple of dances during the next summer or two and then in two years, dance again. We will see, however. I have to start making those prayers, listening to spirit, talking with potential sponsors, go up on the mountain again, etc.

A whole lot of my life since my daughter came into my life has fallen into my lap: radio show, tv show, book, etc. I'm feeling like this is yet another piece of my life falling into my lap. Holy cow! Life is interesting! Life is Good!

Many blessings to all of you and all that you Love!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]