Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 

Anger

[sounds like things are calming down a bit in Caledonia, but don't know for sure]

"Don't trust anyone who isn't angry." --John Trudell

My name is Eugene Douglas Johnson. My spirit name is He Who Laughs A Lot. Anyone who knows anything about spirit names understand that the name also encompasses the counter balance. It encompasses the whole.

I not only laugh a lot, I am also very serious and sometimes very angry. I have made peace with my anger. It is my friend.

My anger is a reaction to situations that cause me pain. It hurts me, for example, when I try to have discussions with liberal white males about things like archaeology. When I discuss the LACK of science around Kennewick Man and state facts, it is simply assumed that since I don't have the proper distance from the situation to be considered a simple scientific observer, then I have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about. Other things I have going against me is I'm a Red Nigger defending a Red Nigger grave. I'm also self educated which is inferior to institutional education, so what the fuck do I know. So, with the roll of the eyes and a simple dismissal, my arguments and discussions can be easily dismissed. Archaeologists can get away with raping Indian graves because, well, they belong to archaeologists and not a bunch of inferior unscientific Red Niggers.

It hurts when I explain to people that genocide is still happening against indigenous nations right here, right now! This, too, is simply dismissed with a racially superior wave of the hand of people who have NEVER read the UN Convention on the Prevenention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide. No matter how well I explain to them the act of genocide, I am simply supposed to "get over it" so the white masters can continue to get away with their crimes. Mind you, when I spout off in anger about these issues, you will also hear me laugh and joke.

I used to participate in a forum on childhood sexual abuse on the internet. I would often bring up institutionalized child rape in Indian Boarding Schools, and since it isn't happening as much, I was asked one time by a fellow childhood rape victim why I don't "just get over it." I put it this way to her: "You were raped, what?, 20 years ago. Just get over it." It hit home with her and suddenly she understood.

The Institutional rape of indigenous peoples, cultures, languages, art, politics, religion, lives, education, sacred sites, etc., continues to this day, right now. The slaughter has yet to end. It takes on many different forms.

The World Trade Centers were destroyed almost 5 years ago...just get over it. I was raped 37 years ago, I should just get over it. My fellow Indians are continually being raped by non-Indians and their fellow Indians, once the dick is pulled out of their ass or cunt, the victims should just get over it.

I shouldn't be angry. I shouldn't be angry about anything. I, for some reason, am supposed to be above all of this. I, for some reason, am supposed to just smile and laugh (which I will do anyway everyday of my life/laugh) and not be outraged by what is happening. My anger makes people feel uncomfortable. My anger is an expression of my pain, my hurt. I shouldn't express my pain and hurt that way. I should express it in ways that make people feel comfortable with the fact that the pain delivered to my soul and body and culture are not reacted to with "mother fuckers" or "cracker assholes" or "pieces of shit." I should be thankful to the person who fucked me in the ass when I was five. I should be thankful for the racist citizenry attacking the weakest links in Caledonia. I should be thankful for the old man and baby murdered in Oka. I should be thankful for the rein of terror in the '60's and '70's on reservations in the U.S. I should be thankful for the forced poverty on reservations. I should be thankful for the racist comments of "just get over it" or "pull yourself up from your bootstraps."

However, in my inferior Red Nigger way, I am not thankful for the genocide and oppression of my people and other indigenous peoples by imperialist invaders who steal EVERYTHING from us including our languages, cultures, and lives. I am an ungreatful Red Nigger Piece of Fucking Shit. I am allied with other ungrateful Red Nigger Pieces of Fucking Shit. I am allied with Crackers, Niggers, Towel Heads, Bitches, Faggots, Chinks, Nips, White Trash, Punks, etc. I am creating alliances all across the board because my allies and I want the world to be a good one for ALL human beings, not just the Imperialst fucks who will murder, rape, kill, and oppress to steal everything from us and do what is necessary to keep themselves from ever facing justice for the crimes they commit against one and all.

Anger...Anger and I...Anger and I...We're allies. We're friends. I express my anger when I am hurt, just like most everyone else.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]