Friday, April 28, 2006

 

Last day at work tonight!

The show was beautiful yesterday! We interviewed two people from the Caledonia occupation in the occupied territories currently know as Ontario, Canada. The Six Nations people are reclaiming the land that is theirs. My favorite part by far was when Hazel Hill said they are following Six Nations Laws, so they don't need legal representation. They are doing what is right on their land. FUCKING A! Many Blessings to the Six Nations People and their wonderful successes!

A great big Thank You to Leigh Anne for arranging the interviews with Jacqueline House and Hazel Hill about the Caledonia Reclaiming of Six Nations Land. Kudos to you sister!

We managed to get our four other guests in as well. Rudy and Janet from UISHE, and Chris Francisco from "For Generations Yet to Come" film festival, and to finish off with some Beautiful Island Blues from Victor Mandan. Fucking Awesome show!

Spent the evening hanging out with Leigh Anne and discussing life and having burritos. We walked along the ridge in sellwood above Oaks Bottom. Wow! What A View of the world.

I got to walk Mikhelle to her car during that time...LIFE IS SO FUCKING SWEET!

Today is my last day on the job...WOO-HOO! I have given into the fact that it is hard for me to think of my future while still being there. It starts to suck my energy in, I let it suck my energy in, and then I struggle to pull it out and then I get nothing but confused. Today will be healing for me as I walk away from the store as an employee. I'm not sure if they'll get me my check today of if I'll be waiting until Monday to completely sever that connection. I hope it is all done today, but I think they like to have that power over, as well, as has been apparent throught my dealings with them and the dealings with my fellow employees as I've witnessed and heard. Once it's over, it will be over, and I can focus more on the future. I have a couple of odd jobs lined up, one with Cynthia and her herb business, one house sitting, I was hoping to sell books, but I'm no longer sure what the heck is going on and just suspect that it aint gonna happen, so I am not relying on that at all. I have an art project lined up with Mikhelle. I'm gonna learn production here and see if I can toss out some produced materials to Native syndicated web radio stuff, maybe make a few bucks. It'll be easier to focus when the time comes.

I suggest you all take a look at my friend Julie's blog. She did an interview with an army reserve soldier and some of the things he says are very telling of the way some people think, or don't, as it were. www.littlestblog.blogspot.com. Pay close attention to the wonderful picture she has of herself up there. Great work, Julie!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]