Monday, April 17, 2006

 

Grandmas and Grandpas

Shhh...
I whisper to myself.
The anger is OK.
The anger is justified.
But it is just anger.
You are good with anger.
Love your anger.
Feel it.
Enjoy.

Shhh...
I whisper to myself
Forgive your anger,
Forgive yourself,
Love yourself and Forgive yourself.
You have come here for a reason.

Listen.
Smoke.
Pray.
When you get home,
make yourself something to eat.
Clean your room,
fill your pipe.
Pray...
Pray...

"But what of prayer?"
I ask grandma and grandpa.
"I can't eat prayer.
Prayer won't keep a roof over my head.
Prayer won't buy my bus tickets
to get me back and forth to work."

Grandparents smile at me patiently.
My behavior
amazes me that they have patience with me at all.
They hold my hand,
their free hands on my shoulder.
They guide me in my journey.
They smile.
...trust...





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]