Monday, April 10, 2006

 

Complaints...

I want to write complaints here, but not like I usually would.

At Felicia's birthday party at her "white bread" mother's, a white man guest talked with my former brother-in-law about how reparations should not be paid to the descendents of slaves because there are no slaves left alive... Yeah.

I could draw you maps. I could give you details. I can hand you information. I can tear down your ideas of beauty and show you the horrific tragedy that brought it there. It is a filth I cannot wash of my body.

Empathy, I'm sure the ones who read that word here know what it means. Am I preaching to the choir? Am I a cheer leader? I request you all do something about changing the world, but you all have already heard my request. We all act on the idea the words offer to us. We take the words and make them our own. The power of poets, the word crafters, is in offering you an idea, a gift, to make your own and create seeds to grow into many beautiful things.

REVOLUTION!

I redefine the word. Do not believe in the rigid structure of your dictionary. Boudaries are just lines on maps.

REVOLUTION!

Revolution, to me, is the desire to create change in a world overwhelmingly oppressive. Revolution is a desire for beauty. Think about it. We all deserve beauty in our lives. That doesn't mean tragedy won't happen. Tragedy is natural and a part of life, the shit that is in the world currently, is not. It is a forced tragedy. It is a raped into us tragedy.

Not killing IS a Revolutionary act. Creating beauty in the world IS a Revolutionary act. I know many people who have participated in violent Revolution are made nervous by my incitement of Revolution. They violently experienced Revolution, and more often than not have that Random House Dictionary definition of Revolution in their hearts and minds. I do not call for violence because I know the violence my fellow human beings who can be compared to demons can enact. It is in my DNA and the DNA of billions of my fellow human beings who have experienced it or are just a generation or two away from experiencing it. The human beings who can be compared to demons have one tool, horrific violence on many levels, subtle to genocidal, in order to control the populace. They are working on stealing our beauty because our beauty doesn't create them wealth. They have sacrificed their beauty for wealth and want to sacrifice all beauty because of their suffering. They don't get mine. My beauty is my own. I Love it. I've made Peace with it. It took me almost 42 years.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]