Tuesday, March 28, 2006

 

You Turn My Head Like I'm Linda Blair

Here at the BOO,
I am greeted by Aileen's
sweet tiny dog.
It seems to be a pledge drive tradition
as I look forward to asking Aileen
...again...
what the name of her precious
sweet and kind dog
is.

I usually look South at my sister
the river
as I cross the Burnside Bridge,
but today,
I looked North
to see along the West shore
in Waterfront Park
a line of blossoming trees
with soft pink blossoms
BURSTING from the limbs
of trees
looking to have some serious
righteous sex
in this great and glorious world.
I imagine myself
flying through the air
to land gently
upon their compassionate beauty
in an episode
I would have like to have seen
in any of the Superman
presentations.

and then, I think of the lie called freedom.

I told Heidi last night
about the "Rape of Cunts"
chapter
in the book "Cunt"
by the "Goddess of the Cunlovin' Universe"
Inga LaGringa Muscio.
Here in the land
that perpetuates the lie of freedom
Heidi
does not feel free
to go out hiking alone.
The dangers present
in this rape culture
are just too much
for her
and the thousands,
millions,
billions of women.
The simple act of having a "cunt"
puts them in serious danger
from people who wish to dominate
and do harm
in order to satisfy
ABSOLUTELY CONTROLLABLE DESIRES!

To my brothers,
most of you whom I cannot stand,
let me explain to you
that our sisters, mothers, lovers, friends, neices, Grandmas, etc.
live in fear of us
and people will still tell me
this is the land of the free.

BULLSHIT!

And don't give me that BULLSHIT
either
that women shouldn't dress like they do!
I have heard of old women
unable to escape their beds
being raped by you
in old folks homes.
I have heard of women
dressed in sweats
to hide their physical beauty
being raped by you, my brothers.
Look at yourselves
my brothers.
No matter what a woman wears
no matter how old she is
no matter what size she is
no matter how she looks
in times of war
and in times of peace
if you force women to sacrifice
her most sacred anatomical jewel
to your shitty and controllable
violent desires to dominate her
and extract from her what you want
against her will
the act is called
RAPE
and you are a
RAPIST!
And don't you dare
give me that fucking bullshit lie
that you couldn't control yourself
either.
If I had my way
you all would walk a gauntlet
of grandmas
completely naked.
The grandmas will be armed with dowels
and willow switches
and if you made it out the other end alive
that would mean you have
...one...
...last...
...chance...

I went to Grendel's this morning
and visited with the barista
whom I have a crush on
from time to time
but am too shy
to ask her out,
too shy
to see
if she'd like to get to know me better
as I'd like to get to know her
better.
But life is different
life is changing
and sometimes I don't know what I want
and sometimes
I figure things will happen
the way they're supposed to
and I try to listen
and take my queues.
The barista is beautiful
active
intelligent
dances
wears some cool belts
and earrings
and
I
know
I
am
too
shy.

And my heart...
my heart...
is reaching for you
because I know you're out there
and I know
someday soon
we'll be touching
and the connection of our skin
will electrify
our worlds
with beauty and Love!
Being slutty and shy
is a combination that
not only frustrates me
but also
helps me to understand
the beauty
that surrounds me
in this
truly
crazy
insane
and wonderful
world.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]