Friday, March 24, 2006

 

What a day, week, year...Life! Life is good!

Last night, I pitched for Reggae Bob's program, "Good Times," which airs every Thursday from 7-9pm. Reggae Bob is a wonderful and great man and human being. He is always smiling. He always makes one feel good and important. Bob Has a Great Big Heart! Another example of the men I like hanging out and working with. We pitched our hearts out and talked Revolution and all sorts of good things in the world.

During this time, I also met The Vacuum Cleaner Lady, as Bob affectionately refers to The Vacuum Cleaner Lady...Just kidding. Her name is Katrina. I saw her in between pledge pitches and she was cleaning. I was about to wash my cup when she came up behind me and told me she'd take care of that. A few seconds later she's looking me straight in the eye. "You're my favorite poet!" She tells me. What does one say to something like that. I shook her hand and then immediately gave her a big fat hug. She and her boyfriend missed the last reading for reasons I don't remember, I was was still breathing under water from that comment. I told her of the reading tonight, and she is going to try to make it. I gave her a shout out because, my friends, there are people out there who Love this radio station, like Katrina, who take time out of their weeks to come down her and help. People like Katrina are my Hero! GREAT JOB KATRINA AND THANK YOU SO MUCH! Hope to see you tonight!

Yesterday afternoon, my friends Janice, David and I went to pick up Felicia to do the location shoots for the video of my poem, "Oregon Holocaust Memorial." It was fun hanging out with my wonderful daughter and doing this video with her. We worked three and a half hours for what will probably amount to 90 seconds of actual video. While shooting at the actual Memorial site in Washington Park, I saw a woman whom I saw get out of her car earlier and head down toward the memorial. She was reading the stone, and it's spring so I walk right up to her and start talking. Her name is Kelly, and she is a student at PCC where she learned in a class about genocide that there was a Holocaust Memorial. We got to talking genocides past and present. I told her of my reading tonight as well. I pointed out that you don't see the name of the Jasenovac death camp. She looked around and noticed it was true. I told her of "The King of the Cut Throats," Peter Brzika (or Brzica), who cut the throats of 1360 Serbs in a single evening with a butcher knife. The reason you don't hear about this death camp which was in Croatia is because it was ran by the Catholics.

I got a call before the shoot from my publisher, Leas. He is under quarantine and, well, so are the 200 copies of my book. Seems Leas has some sort of stomach virus which is very unpleasant. It is his second time having this thing. So, I guess I'll take orders for the book tonight. As well, I feel completely unprepared for this reading tonight, but the funny thing is, they always work out, so I'm not as stressed as I'd usually like to be.

This morning, as I was crossing the Burnside Bridge, I'm wearing my favorite blue scarf. The wind taught it to dance around my neck and a few times it graced my face with it's soft and wonderful beauty. One time it completely covered my eyes, and I got to see the world through my scarf as it danced with the wind.

I read more of Inga Muscio's book, "Cunt." HOLY COW! Nothing gets me twitching around in the back of the bus like that book. I LOVE IT! The greatest benefit I get from this book is I have become more open in exploring my body and my sexuality. I don't just masturbate, I play and have fun and not only is that a good thing, it is a healthy and wonderful thing. Inga, in writing this book to help teach women what it means to be a woman, is teaching me what it means to be a man. INGA! YOU FUCKING ROCK THE "CUNTLOVIN'" UNIVERSE, SISTER! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

That said...HAVE A GREAT FUCKING DAY!

PS, I think I still have a job.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]