Sunday, March 26, 2006

 

Sweaty Indians

Went to a sweat at my buddy Chuck's, yesterday. It was a good one. Nice and intense. Just perfect. A much needed ceremony to bring about a bit of balance considering my most interesting situations at the moment.

I've gone through many healthy changes in the last 4 or 5 months. Combine this with the recent work place challenges. I'm coming to terms with my sexuality, self-image, self-Love, self-forgiveness. That took me almost 42 fucking years. My view of myself, the world, the universe is all changing. I feel like I'm making some sort of change and have lead myself to my current situations in order to expand who I am and the work that I am doing.

I have many wonderful friends who have helped me and I hope I have helped along the way. I have a wonderful wonderful daughter. I feel really good about my situations but know some kind of change is coming in my life. Things are shifting for me. Better? Worse? Only time will tell.

I'm still working on getting attention for my book. Leas, the biggest helper in that, is sick and quarantined along with my books, currently, but once he is healthy again and the books can be released...we're on that focus again and will be attempting to bring attention to issues people are unaware of or looking for allies in or some other realm of beauty and wonder in this wonderful and insane world we live in. Here, I also thank Leigh Anne and Julie for their help in editing and their personal support of the work I do. I hope I support them as well. They are awesome women and Leas is an awesome man. Thank you all.

I am doing a video of my poem, "Oregon Holocaust Memorial." Felicia is in it and we have done the location shooting. What will happen with this? I don't know. More work to come for that yet.

I'm helping to get attention for the documentary of Christopher Swain put together by Andy Norris, who will be on the radio show this Thursday. Christopher Swain swam the length of the Columbia River a couple of years ago in an attempt to bring attention to the damage done to this great waterway by dams, sewage, nuclear waste from Hanford, shipping, and many other man made forms of waterway destruction. Unfortunately I forget what the documentary is titled, but will bring it to your attention once I remember.

The radio and TV show are going well and I am hoping to start a First Nations Communcations Collective. Here I would like to thank Leigh Anne because she is getting our foot in the door to arenas I've had problems getting into. THANKS LEIGH ANNE!

There is a co-writing project I'm working on with a friend that is starting to get birthed.

Pledge Drive is on at KBOO. I Love pledge drive because it is the time when many people converge down here to support each other in getting support from the community at large and get them involved. There are so many wonderful people who come down here and offer their time to share in this form of communication. These people have jobs and families and other Loves in their lives but still make the time to come down here and help out...it is that impotant to them. Think about that and make the call during this time to offer some financial support. Locally, the number to call during pledge drive is 503-232-8818 or long distance at 1-877-500-5266. The least you could do is check under the seat cushions of your sofa and or automible and send us that change. Heck, you weren't going to use it anyway until I just suggested sending it to us, so you might as well send it to us, eh!

What life will hold for me in the month to come, I have no idea. I pray about it. I want to stress hard about it, as is my style. But spirit keeps whispering in my ear "...Everything will turn out well. Everything will be OK. This is an important rebirthing for me." There is no exact meaning I can put to this, but what can I lose in trusting them. I must listen carefully, take my cues from my heart, mind, soul, spirit world, friends, imemdiate world, and many other factors. Most importantly, I must do so with a playful joyous heart.

Don't forget...503-232-8818, or long distance 1-877-500-5266. KBOO...the most rocking and wonderful place on earth.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]