Saturday, March 25, 2006

 

Reading

Not very many people showed up at the reading, however, it was still a fun and great event.

Since my books were quarantined along with my publisher, Leas, who has some sort of stomach virus.

My friends Pat and John showed up. I haven't seen them in a bit, and they recently moved from Ashland to someplace in Southern Washington along the coast near Astoria. I have known them for years. We used to sweat together many years ago. They also used to be my neighbors and were there when Felicia first came to join the family. Awesome Awesome people.

A few friends from KBOO were there for a while. That was fun. They had to leave early due to exhaustion from working all day and then some at KBOO. It is pledge drive afterall.

Leigh Anne and Felicia were there. They ate together at the Back to Back.

Katrina showed up a little later.

I actually read "Food Story 1" to them, and was a embarassed when I read my sexual pleasure from food sections. It was well appreciated and Katrina told me repeatedly that I shouldn't be embarassed by such things because it is very common, even with her.

Mikhelle was there in spirit. She sent me this wonderful Quarantine document that was so cute, I printed up four and shared them with my audience.

The best feeling I get from this is that my book is taking it's own pace. It, too, as in all nature, has it's own clock, and I am beginning to sense that.

The event itself wasn't that well advertised, and I think we'll hopefully be able to get a foot into the Indian organizations around town and get some more publicity on the thing. I want to get the word out and now I have financial motivation since I may not have a job much longer. That, however, will be an article I'll need to get some help on from my friends once I get the thing written up, and then sent off to whoever will publish it.

It was so good to see my friends. I really Love connecting with people like this. It is really good to open the door to these connections. With all the crazy stuff that happened surrounding this one particular event, I feel like it went really well.

Thank you all who have helped in this event. Thank you all for everything! You are all so fucking cool! Life is good!

Today...I sweat! Many blessing to everyone!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]